mtheory’s Finance and Engineering teams are looking for a data analyst to help track and ingest music royalty data for operational and analytical needs. We process a large amount of data on behalf of artists whose music we distribute and analyze trends using a variety of music industry data points.
The data analyst will work alongside the finance, accounting and production teams to provide business reporting and research. The data analyst will work directly with the data engineering team to ensure our data pipeline is functional and the data in our warehouse remains accurate and clean. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in joining a lean, innovative group in the music industry with the possibility of career development in data engineering.
- Manage the monthly collection of digital service provider royalty statements
- Oversee the timely ingestion of sales data into our data warehouse
- Track and investigate income sources that have not been received
- Reconcile sales statements to cash receipts
- Ensure data integrity by validating and cleansing new data
- Work with the Data Engineering team to help maintain and optimize the data ingestion process and build proprietary tools to democratize data access across the organization
- Build and maintain dashboards using data visualization tools that leverage our data warehouse
- Manage, organize and present data in a clear, concise and actionable format to a wide array of audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, math, computer science, finance, business administration or economics
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required
- Fluency in SQL and methods for efficiently retrieving data required
- Basic understanding of relational and analytical databases
- Experience with Google Data Studio, Tableau, Looker, or similar BI tools
- Hands-on coding experience with Python is a plus
- Royalty reporting experience is a plus
Founded in 2010, mtheory is an artist development, marketing, strategy and operations infrastructure designed for artist managers. As the music industry continues its rapid evolution, managers have been required to play a much more active role in the artist development process. To address this challenge, mtheory provides managers with the additional manpower and specialized knowledge required to be successful. Our services include: strategic marketing, DSP relations, product management, tour marketing and production expertise, business affairs, digital and social marketing, CRM and analytics. In addition, we have distribution, production, and financing capabilities that enable artists and managers to operate in a truly independent environment.
mtheory currently works with approximately 25 artist managers, representing over 100 artists across a diverse range of genres. Our management clients represent leading artists such as Flume, Galantis, Twenty Øne Pilots, NF, A$AP Rocky, Masego, Zac Brown Band, Tyler Childers and many others.
Potential candidates should submit a resumé that summarizes employment and education history, as well as references to: [email protected]