mtheory is seeking a motivated, outgoing, team-oriented and organized individual to work closely with managers, artists, and mtheory teammates to facilitate client success in today’s music market.
The Marketing Associate will work as a generalist at the direction of his or her client lead to execute and implement strategic and operational initiatives on behalf of clients and their artists.
The Marketing Associate will build a strong foundational knowledge of all aspects of the music industry through regular interaction with management, record labels, music publishers, online and digital marketing, new technologies, advertising, creative, radio promotion, publicity, sponsorship, touring, production and manufacturing, event planning, and special projects.
Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, learn quickly, communicate effectively, build meaningful relationships, and take initiative.
- 4 year degree
- 1-2 years experience in the music industry
- Strong social, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Proactive with strong prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a loosely structured entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interact with creative executives, managers and artists
- Interest in music and a desire to learn about the music industry
- Fluency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Familiarity with several music industry digital platforms and services (YouTube, Spotify, Apple, Pandora, Mediabase, Soundscan, etc.)
Based in New York, Los Angeles, and Nashville, mtheory provides artist managers with services, support and capabilities across a wide range of disciplines, including marketing, touring, live event production, financing, digital services, and label services. Our manager clients include Element1 (twenty one pilots, NF), Blood Company (Skrillex, Zedd), TMWRK (Diplo, Major Lazer), Young Turks (The xx, Jamie xx), Equative Thinking (GoldLink), Shopkeeper (Miranda Lambert), and many more.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter/resume to email@example.com