mtheory is seeking a self-motivated, outgoing, proactive, and highly organized individual to join the Artist Partnerships team, based in Los Angeles. The partnerships team provides career strategy and label services to a boutique roster of artists, aiming to give artists the freedom to define success on their own terms and empowering them to achieve those goals on a global level.
This role will support and directly report to the VP of Marketing/project manager, as well as mtheory senior management. Successful employees in this role are able to juggle many moving pieces and prioritize/organize the most important items while possessing excellent communication skills to convey status reports, updates, and potential challenges with their manager, as well as the client.
Marketing Associate candidates should have experience in some of these areas of the music business and a willingness to learn about areas they don’t have explicit experience with. These include global project management, record labels, artist management, touring, digital marketing, advertising, content, radio, touring, production and manufacturing, event planning, and special projects. Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, learn quickly, communicate effectively, build meaningful relationships, and take initiative.
- 1+ years’ experience in the music industry or marketing/entertainment (includes internship experience)
- Strong social, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Proactive with strong prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a loosely structured entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interact with creative executives, managers, and artists
- Interest in music and a desire to learn about the music industry
- Google Suite experience
- Knowledge of analytics platforms, including (but not limited to): Spotify for Artists, Apple Music for Artists, Chartmetric
- Experience pulling and analyzing data (creating reports as well as interpreting data)
- Knowledge of online and digital platforms including social media
- Familiarity with running digital advertising campaigns
Founded in 2010, mtheory is an artist development, marketing, strategy and operations infrastructure designed to empower artist managers in an ever-changing music industry. As a natural progression of this mission to help managers be successful, mtheory also embarked on the first flagship artist partnership with Diplo’s Major Lazer in 2015. The campaigns surrounding the group’s record-shattering RIAA Diamond hit Lean On and Peace is the Mission album were a case study on how to be a successful independent artist in the modern era. Following this campaign, mtheory opened this opportunity and infrastructure up to other independent artists looking for a highly effective global team on artist-friendly terms. Our partnership services include digital and physical production & distribution, long lead artist career planning, marketing strategy & product management, DSP relations, tour marketing, and production expertise, business affairs, and royalties.
mtheory Artist Partnerships currently works alongside a boutique roster of artist clients which has included artists such as Major Lazer, Flume, bbno$, RL Grime, Porter Robinson, Virtual Self and Tchami. Our management services division works with management clients who represent leading artists such as Galantis, Twenty Øne Piløts, NF, A$AP Rocky, Masego, Zac Brown Band, Tyler Childers, and many others.
There is power in diversity of, but not limited to, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, age, gender, gender expressions, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, and learning styles. Our team and clients are stronger when we represent all differences & we are committed to having an inclusive & open workspace.