mtheory is seeking an experienced Chief People Officer professional with a background in human resources management and advocacy.
Our company has approximately 50 individuals with intentions to grow across our three offices. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing strategies and managing procedures to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent.
Key to mtheory’s success is our commitment to innovation, stemming from a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and ideas. As a team, we pride ourselves on being thought-leaders, action-oriented, and resourceful for our clients and in our overall approach to the music industry. We value inclusivity, empowerment, communication and transparency. We envision the same type of approach to be implemented and reinforced by our new Chief People Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead development of best practices for sourcing, evaluating, hiring and on-boarding high-potential employees who share our company’s values
- Partner with hiring managers on execution of employee recruiting and selection process to ensure that the best possible candidates are hired into each position
- Refine candidate application process, rolling out an applicant tracking system company wide, standardizing job applications and the interview process across all departments
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
TRAINING, LEADERSHIP & PERFORMANCE
- Key member of senior leadership of the company, collaborating on overall company decision-making, particularly with respect to employee matters
- Create and implement on-boarding and orientation process for new hires
- Work with business units to develop professional training curriculum for new and junior employees (formal “classroom” training, on-the-job, reference materials, etc.)
- Develop strategies and sources for executive training for managers and senior executives
- Further develop an effective performance management and review process
- Develop compensation guidelines and benchmarking to ensure objective approach to compensation while motivating high-performers
VALUES, CULTURE & EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Collaborate with senior management team to refine and promote the company’s vision and values throughout the organization
- Act as a trusted resource for mtheory staff regarding questions and concerns relating to company goals and initiatives, compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities.
- Provide coaching and counseling for managers and employees
- Manage and investigate employee issues and conflicts, resolving in a safe and supportive environment. Proactively and empathetically help address interpersonal and employee retention issues
- Develop and lead initiatives to improve employee morale, productivity and collaboration
- Develop a comprehensive Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion company strategy that supports mtheory’s values and business objectives
- Maintain productive communication and transparency with the team through rapid growth and change
HR ADMINISTRATION & OPERATIONS
- Analyze the effectiveness of HR operations and policies, and upgrade current practices
- Collaborate with finance and operations teams to optimize our HR administrative practices (compliance, benefits administration, payroll administration, etc.)
- Work with the company’s payroll and benefits providers to manage open enrollment, benefit renewals, etc.
- Lead company efforts to improve our compensation, titling / promotions, and employee development programs
- Prepare reports for the CEO using business metrics and KPIs
- Develop, maintain and conduct comprehensive onboarding and offboarding protocols
- Oversee and manage compliance of HR policies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Organizational Development, Business or related area; advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources, in a leadership role
- Proven track record of leading company-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies, initiatives, and programs.
- Prior experience in high-growth, start-up environment a plus
- Ability to create and foster a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Experience with analyzing and turning data into insights and a compelling narrative in order to guide strategic employment planning.
- Awareness of latest trends and policies in the HR and DEI spaces.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected to be performed. You may be required to perform duties outside normal responsibilities as needed.
Based in New York, Los Angeles, and Nashville, mtheory provides a modern set of capabilities to artist managers and their clients in the music industry with services and support across a wide range of disciplines, including marketing, touring, live event production, financing, digital services, and label services. Our clients include Element1 (twenty one pilots, NF), Equative Thinking (Masego, serpentwithfeet, Smino), AWGE (A$AP Rocky), rad.biz (bbno$), Little Empire (Galantis), Volara Management (Sabrina Carpenter), and Zac Brown Collective (Zac Brown Band) amongst many others.
There is power in diversity of, but not limited to, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, pregnancy, language, age, gender, gender expressions, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, and learning styles. Our team and clients are stronger when we represent all differences & we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We require all employees to be fully vaccinated.