Social Media Manager
Salary: depending on experience (self-employed)
Are you a data nerd with a creative streak… we’re looking for a talented individual to take control of our social media channels and drive engagement across all of our label imprints. We run a host of record labels, across a wide range of genres with very different demographics.
We need somebody who’s going to delve into the data, find those key dates for previously released albums, pull out some hidden gems from the catalog and follow trends over various social media platforms. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You’ll be in charge of a junior content creator, but you can get stuck in with the artistic stuff as well.
The role will primarily be focused on the back catalog, but we’re still releasing new material… so there will be plenty of opportunity to get involved with the new stuff as well!
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Collaborate with frontline releases to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts design (e.g. cover images, profile pictures and page layouts)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of paid social media advertising
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
We’re looking for somebody on a freelance basis, ideally 3 to 4 days a week – but open to the possibility of 5 days. We have a small office in East London (E1), ideally you would be able to come in to the office a few times a week… but we can be flexible. Salary will be based on number of days & experience.