Who we are:
This is your opportunity to be at the center of the music conversation every day. MRC Data is the premier data partner to major record labels, publishers, artist management companies, promoters, radio programmers, performance rights organizations, brands, and agencies around the world.
With an expansive suite of products and services, MRC Data is uniquely positioned to provide its clients with best-in-class fan insights and music intelligence, which help them make better and more informed business decisions. MRC Data is also the key data source for the Billboard charts, and is widely cited by top-tier print, digital and broadcast media as the standard for music industry measurement.
What you’ll do:
MRC Data is hiring a Client Manager in Data Analysis, to be dedicated to a prominent music client. The ideal candidate for this role will be based in New York, NY, and will deliver analytical, technical, and customized insights for our client, using raw data. This onsite manager will work with the client to achieve its goals related to strategic technical and analytical initiatives. This will be accomplished by completing technical projects aligned with client strategic business objectives, as well as delivering actionable music insights and recommendations, all aimed at fueling growth for the client.
Though this position is remote for now, qualified applicants will need to be based in the tri-state area, within commutable distance to Manhattan.
- Organize and distill raw data into actionable insights for client delivery
- Build strong, trust-based relationships at all levels across technical, operations, marketing, finance and legal teams
- Manage and consistently deliver on projects/requests requiring cross-functional alignment
- Build technical and operational project management strategy
- Craft and present executive narratives that engage and excite the audience
- Essential thought partner to clients – solves client business issues and viewed as an extension of client’s team
- Proactively resolve client issues by engaging other MRC Data support groups as needed
- Train clients on MRC Data tools to maximize client value from services
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of experience in an analytical and/or client-facing role
- University degree in Business, Marketing, or Statistics. MBA preferred
- Process-driven mindset with aptitude for coding and data/business analytics
- Skilled in analytical and consultative traits, with a proven track record of delivering value-added analytical insights to a client
- Understanding of SQL language & API process/workflow or Tableau/Alteryx a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Travel for as much as 10% of time in role
- Comfortable with presenting and public speaking, and equipped with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, dynamic, great networker and comfortable operating at all levels
- Maintains meticulous attention to detail
- Self-directed, motivated, and able to handle multiple responsibilities and work flexibly and fast in a changing environment
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC Television is the largest and most award-winning independent TV studio in North America with a current slate that includes “Ozark” on Netflix, “The Great” on Hulu, the upcoming Amazon series “The Terminal List” starring Chris Pratt and for Apple TV+ “The Shrink Next Door” starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd and “Shining Girls” starring Elisabeth Moss.
MRC Live & Alternative is one of the largest global producers of live televised event programming,. Tentpole live event series through its dick clark productions include the “Golden Globe Awards,” “Academy of Country Music Awards,” the “American Music Awards,” the “Billboard Music Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” “Streamy Awards,” and 16-time Emmy Award-winning series “So You Think You Can Dance.”
MRC Film is known for championing singular filmmakers and emerging directors to make high-quality distinctive films. Projects include one of the highest grossing original comedies of all-time, “Ted,” the Oscar and Golden Globe nominated “Knives Out,” written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman, starring an ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and Jamie Lee Curtis, the Oscar nominated “Baby Driver,” Oscar winning “Babel,” and the comedy “The Lovebirds,” directed by Michael Showalter and starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae, currently on Netflix.
MRC Non-Fiction works with a diverse group of artists to develop, finance and produce feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences. Projects includes; Edgar Wright’s debut documentary feature “Sparks Brothers” about the legendary American rock/ pop duo, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Focus Features; as well as “The Last Rider,” which chronicles the story of cyclist Greg LeMond, from acclaimed director Alex Holmes.
MRC and PMC have formed a publishing joint venture and a strategic content partnership with brands The Hollywood Reporter, Variety,Billboard, Rolling Stone, Vibe and Music Business Worldwide. MRC and PMC’s data venture brings together MRC Data, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence. MRC owns a majority stake in Civic Center Media, A-Major Media and has minority investments in A24, Fulwell 73, Sugar23 and T-Street.
For more information on MRC Entertainment™ please visit: www.mrcentertainment.com