The MPA Group of Companies (MPA, MCPS and PMLL) is seeking a trainee financial accountant to assist the Director of Operations with all of the finance functions across the three companies as well as providing assistance with other finance related projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a forward-thinking music company and would suit a qualified accounting technician (AAT or similar) who is studying for a professional accountancy qualification and looking to further their development in an industry specific environment.
An interest in music and the developing technologies surrounding the music business is a must.
Responsibilities will include:
- Finance functions including invoicing, processing petty cash and credit card expenses
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and MPR reports across the group
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets for the group
- Analysis of income, expenditure and statements
- Managing MPA membership renewal process and subscription payments
- Assist with PMLL distributions to members
- Assist with the preparation of Finance, Audit & Risk Committee papers
- Dealing with both internal and external customer queries including reconciliation of accounts, production of statements, etc. to the highest level of service.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, flexible individual with the intellectual agility to join the dots between the various issues affecting the MPA Group.
They will have experience and knowledge of online banking systems and cash payment methods, as well as the preparation of management accounts and budgeting / reforecasting.
They will have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to evaluate information to identify potential errors, as well as the foresight to see opportunity beyond immediate tasks and identify more efficient ways of working.
Applicants should be motivated to work individually, exercising initiative and progressing matters independently, as well as collaboratively in a team.
Application Process: To apply please send your CV together with a covering letter, indicating how you fulfil these requirements to Lorna Greenwood – email@example.com. Please also provide your salary expectations.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to consider applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK.
All applications to jobs at the Music Publishers Association are subject to the MPA’s data privacy notice for applicants, which is available here.