Come be a part of redefining the Entertainment industry, but don’t just take our word for it:
“100 Million views and counting: Cocomelon is absolutely dominating Netflix and You Tube”
“Moonbug Entertainment’s rocketing success is disrupting the kids pre-school space”
“Old dogs like Nickelodeon are out, Moonbug is in”
The Verge 2021
Moonbug Entertainment is an award-winning global entertainment company behind some of the most popular kids’ titles in the world. Our line-up includes the global sensations CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum, My Magic Pet Morphle, Supa Strikas, Go Buster, Playtime with Twinkle, Gecko’s Garage, ARPO and many more which are available in 27 languages.
In just three years, we have become a kids programming powerhouse with a library of more than 550 hours of content, which is distributed on more than 100 platforms globally, including YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Sky, Tencent, Youku and Roku.
In May of 2020, Tubular Labs named Moonbug one of the leading digital kids’ entertainment companies in the world based on the total number of minutes watched worldwide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Music Rights & Clearance Manager to join Moonbug’s Legal team in London.
Working closely with our Lead Commercial Lawyer, you will handle music clearances and music-related rights issues as they arise during development, production, and marketing of Moonbug programmes and products.
The A Side:
The role will involve:
- identifying and locating all copyright owners of the requested musical works. If applicable, conduct historical research to determine public-domain status
- liaising with Moonbug’s internal departments e.g. Production, Music Label and Localisation team to track and confirm music clearances
- managing and maintaining a music rights database that provides music clearance confirmation in a timely manner
- communicate directly and frequently with Licensing & Merchandising and Social Media departments to service any music licensing requirements (eg production library music)
- assist with the negotiation and securing of licenses for any third-party compositions and recordings within the company policy guidelines
- assist with the drafting, reviewing and updating of music license requests, confirmation letters and related documents and communications
- monitor the status of all licenses, options and deal terms throughout execution and payment process
The B Side:
- Relevant experience from an in-house music role or top music/entertainment private practice law firm
- Experience in music publishing and master rights clearance processes
- Understanding of current publishing, recording and music industry practices
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and an analytical mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
As well as working for one of the world’s leading entertainment companies, you will get private health, gym membership, pension, life assurance, Moonbug swag and an amazing office, Camden discounts, and access to a roof terrace in the heart of Camden.