Come be a part of redefining the Entertainment industry, but don’t just take our word for it:
“Moonbug Entertainmet’s rocketing success is disrupting the kids pre-school space”
“Old dogs like Nickelodeon is out, Moonbug is in”
The Verge 2021
Moonbug is a global entertainment company that creates and distributes fun and safe content for children which encourages healthy values such as compassion, empathy and resilience, while teaching fundamental life skills. We are a team of entertainment and technology experts with an ambition to redefine the kid’s entertainment industry in this new digital age. Owning digital IP with views in the billions, we know where kids are and what they like. This gives us the power to create content that is relevant to kids and available in the way that they want it.
Moonbug Music is a major part of the company’s distribution business reaching families in those key “screen-free” moments further driving our reach but also the affinity for our global mega brands. Music plays a critical role not only in our company’s growth strategy but also in childhood development.
The label has surpassed a staggering 175M monthly streams across the audio DSPs, through producing higher quality music and experimenting with different optimisation strategies.
Recently, Moonbug just signed a global deal with UMG. Under the terms of the agreement, UMG will provide worldwide distribution, publishing and licensing for the Moonbug Music Label.
This role is a newly created role as part of our build out strategy for our global music business. The role reports to Director of Music Label Operations (Jed Joseph) who is based in our London office.
The role will be responsible for all music publishing activities. It works with some of the biggest brands in the kids and family space including CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum.
This role manages a small team of 1-2 so needs to be hands on and will be supported by other functional teams.
- Manage and streamline the cataloguing & the registration high volume of works
- Oversee the process of cue sheets creation and distribution
- Work with the ‘Music Royalties Manager’ to track and maximise revenue
- Find commercial opportunities for the works
- You will advise on music rights and licencing
- Maintain and expand the relationship with our publishing administrator UMPG
- Work closely with the music legal team
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
- Fixing copyright discrepancies and liaising with publishing administrator to fix
- Minimum 5 years experience at a record label, music publishing house or equivalent professional background
- Strong Excel skills
- You will have significant experience in music publishing and experience related to the calculation of music royalties, synch and rights clearances
- Advanced understanding of current publishing, recording and music industry practices
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Methodical, meticulous and with great attention to detail
This role will be located in London, at our offices in the heart of Camden.