Head of Creative, International
Location: Shoreditch, London
Mood Media is seeking an exceptional creative visionary to lead our growing team located throughout EMEA. With deep knowledge of integrated retail experience, this role will lead the creation of music, messaging and visual experiences for global brands in their physical spaces. The successful candidate will ideate and define, conceptualise and implement creative strategy, ideas and inspiration for a broad range of client partners across all retail, hospitality and service verticals.
The ideal candidate must possess the ability to discover, process and communicate a deep understanding of brand DNA, customer behaviour and the physical environment to curate the perfect audio soundtrack or digital experience for a client’s business. While they must ultimately demonstrate significant creativity in the job, he/she must also demonstrate discipline and a strong corporate acumen, interacting regularly with internal executives and a variety of clients and internal teams across multiple verticals and sectors.
Working with global and national brands on a daily basis, this role will communicate and evangelize the value of experience. Our clients expect Mood’s creative team to transform their brand vision into an immersive audio, visual or digital experience for their end customers. We are looking for an outstanding individual to guide our efforts throughout EMEA and in partnership with our other global efforts.
You have led a creative team in market at a retail experience firm, major commercial radio group or at an award winning agency and will have multiple creative roles on your CV, ranging from Copywriter to Senior Producer, Music Supervisor to Art Director.
You think globally, embracing diversity, culture and nuance. You are well travelled and experienced, and preferably are bi-lingual. You lead with empathy, the right degree of confidence, and the spirit of a helper.
You not only have the creative experience to lead, inspire and curate, but you are equally digitally fluent in content management systems, production tools, content licensing navigation and industry best practices.
You are passionate and knowledgeable about all genres of popular music and pop culture. You are highly skilled in creating, producing and presenting ideas for commercial radio, podcasts or digital audio campaigns. You will also have created concepts for social, OOH, TV, print or web and have a keen eye for what works visually.
You can lead sessions to brainstorm and conceptualise, bring insight to our team and offer inspiration to your colleagues and clients. You already have numerous examples of turning a client’s brief into an audio, visual or digital masterpiece and are well versed in successfully presenting and nurturing your ideas all the way from concept to execution.
You will be expected to understand and embrace the minutia of detail across multiple brands, audiences and platforms, have a willingness to embrace change, be an innovator and be relentless in the pursuit of incredible brand experiences.
This position will be directly responsible for the creative direction, ongoing review and optimisation of client campaigns across a wide portfolio of EMEA clients, including:
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate award winning ideas through collaborative and individual working
- Work closely with in-house teams to bring your ideas to life across all Mood platforms
- Set priorities, handle multiple objectives in constrained time frames and interact decisively and diplomatically
- Act as an internal expert for all things creative at Mood, from music curation to messaging and digital signage
- Present creative concepts to clients, agencies and brands in person and remotely
- Be a key liaison within Mood for the global sales team and across all creative projects
- Develop, maintain and enhance creative guidelines and best practices for internal Mood teams, clients or their agencies
- A natural copywriter, able to jump in and bring a brief to life when needed
- Lead and mentor creative teams, set OKR’s and create Personal Development Plans to ensure teams grow and thrive at Mood
- Work with Mood marketing to develop ideas and concepts for creative workshops with Premier accounts, agencies or partners
- Support the wider Mood International creative and product teams to push the boundaries of “the art of the possible” using Mood solutions
- Be an International thinker, working successfully within a multi-national, fast-paced, competitive environment
Experience & Ability Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years’ related agency or relevant media experience with a strong portfolio of work across a variety of clients and sectors
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing a multi-disciplined creative team
- High degree of experience fulfilling creative and operational aspects of success
- A thorough understanding of brand identity and how to connect music, voice, image & brand
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable in presenting creative concepts to clients in person and remotely
- Perfect understanding of the English language. Fluency in a 2nd language is desirable.
- Fluent with computers and popular software applications i.e. Google Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud etc.
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Mood Media. You may not of heard of us, but you’ve definitely heard us.
We are the industry leader in Experience Design, guiding businesses to connect with their customers using music, voice messaging, digital signage and audio visual technology. Our solutions are placed in over 500,000 locations worldwide, impacting an audience of 150 million consumers daily.
We are more than 2000 music gurus, digital signage experts, sound/tech engineers and support professionals in 34 office locations globally.
Please send your CV and covering letter (optional) along with your creative portfolio or examples of your work to email@example.com
Attractive salary and benefits package for the right candidate