Monstercat is one of electronic music’s most influential independent record labels. Founded in Canada in 2011, its mission has remained the same: to empower a creative and passionate community of artists and fans through innovation. Championing a cadre of world-renowned artists including Marshmello, Kaskade, Vicetone, and Slushii, Monstercat celebrated over 4 Billion audio streams in 2020 and exceeds 200 Million audio streams monthly. With six releases per week across its Uncaged, Instinct, and Silk imprints, Monstercat has topped radio and streaming charts worldwide, offering a diverse range of genres including bass, dance, pop, house, chill, and electronic.
We are seeking a Head of Growth Marketing who will develop and execute our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing, as well as project lead Monstercat’s Brand, Event, and Merch initiatives. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the ideal candidate can confidently demonstrate the ability to mobilize a team of five marketing specialists as well as the capacity to deliver impactful results by developing and executing growth strategies, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketings.
What You’ll Do…
Fan Acquisition & Engagement
- Own growth marketing strategy to drive fan acquisition and engagement across Monstercat’s digital marketing channels, including but not limited to Monstercat’s official Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, SMS, Twitch, email lists, and fan communities.
- Implement audience data collection campaigns, developing audience insights and segmentation in the process.
- Introduce new technologies, software, and strategies to empower the Digital Marketing team in their individual growth KPIs.
- Prospect opportunities to establish Monstercat across new channels, reaching and engaging with new audiences.
Team Management & Mentoring
- Hire, manage, and provide mentorship to a multi-disciplined team of paid, direct, e-commerce, and social marketers, enabling them to reach their yearly key results and a roadmap for their continuous professional development.
- Work with the Marketing Director to set annual department objectives for the Digital Marketing team, and hold quarterly check-ins to align on the performance of each team member.
- Manage the Digital Marketing yearly budget.
- Actively support the employee experience and company culture.
- Develop go-to-market strategies for Monstercat’s project launches, including budget, KPI targets, social media, content development, digital advertising, experiential, and CRM components, working cross-functionally to align all departments behind projects.
- Have a keen eye for digital trends, consumer behavior, and new technologies to introduce novel marketing campaigns in line with our company objectives.
- Quantify the success and efficacy of marketing campaigns, webstore efforts, social engagement, and promotions using analytics tools.
- Uphold Monstercat’s brand standards across all owned and paid media channels, including the aesthetic development of content and assets.
- Work with in-house and external content creators to conceptualize snackable content for social media and video streaming platforms.
- Lead the optimization of all owned websites, including UX design and feature requisition.
- Foster relationships with key digital partners and collaborate on promotional activations, content creation, contesting, and other opportunities.
- Marketing POC for Monstercat’s gaming & partnership relations, supporting branded initiatives and activations.
- Consistently provide internal and external stakeholders with reporting, analytics, and wrap-up reports to provide insight into consumption patterns and continuously optimize performance of Monstercat’s marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing role within media, tech/gaming, or music strongly preferred. Experience working within, or passion for, the electronic music industry is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team.
- Existing inroads with online partners, particularly Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Giphy, Twitter, Triller, Twitch, YouTube, etc.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong oral and written communication ability. Must be adept at communicating creative concepts and projects to a wide range of audiences.
- Self-starter and flexible; able to quickly and calmly respond to evolving campaign parameters.
- A passion for digital innovation and digital trends.
- Skilled in managing external stakeholders, with a history of client management.
Why Join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment – work a combination of remote and from our creative dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver or Los Angeles office
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
How to Apply…
On our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter that helps us see why you are a great fit for this specific role
- A link to your portfolio, website or other criteria that exemplifies you as a marketing professional
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.