Does managing the accuracy of music data, distribution, and payments at Canada’s largest independent electronic music label sound like the ultimate cocktail that would sooth your hawk-eye for detail, clairvoyance with data, and keen ear for music? This could be the role for you.
Monstercat is on the lookout for a Data Quality Specialist who is passionate about data accuracy and music. Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will take ownership of all the data processing and troubleshooting required for digital music distribution, metadata accuracy, music tag discoverability, and monthly artist payments.
This is an ideal role for someone with previous data analysis, accounting, or financial analyst experience who is keen to use their super powers in organization, attention to detail, and numerical problem solving within the music industry.
- Procure audio assets from the Music team and ensure their timely distribution to all our digital stores
- Ensure accuracy with music metadata entry, support internal teams with reporting, and trouble shoot data quality
- Manage the YouTube and SoundCloud music uploads, liaising with the Design team to procure artwork and other necessary visual assets to go live
- Manage monthly artist payments, working with the Licensing Managers to verify all royalty splits are appropriately allocated and finalized
- Maximize the discoverability of music assets by getting creative and collaborating with the Digital Marketing Specialist to ensure relevance of music tags
- Work closely with the Senior Software Developer to run artist payments each month
- Audit, diagnose, and resolve errors and suggest improvement systems
- Previous experience with data entry/data analysis/auditing/accounting, or equivalent
- Previous experience collecting, analyzing, and creating reports on large amounts of data with the ability to make recommendations
- Excellent organization and meticulous attention to detail – you have an eye for spotting errors and anomalies quickly and efficiently
- Self-starter and able to meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Excel skills: basic formula creation, formatting, VLookups, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you will need to collaborate with coworkers and be a point of contact for 3rd party vendors
- Previous experience implementing improvement solutions and working with various teams to develop and implement the solution
- The ability to step out of the detail and see the larger picture, including an interest in learning the Monstercat business, our catalogue, and understand our business model and revenue generating aspects
- The ability to type FAST
Bonus things about you…
- Previous music industry experience
- FinTech experience
- The ability to read and write in multiple languages to support the translation of our music assets
- Previous experience managing a YouTube channel or SoundCloud account
- YouTube certification
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a flexible work week in our creative Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. Part tech start-up and part music label, we’ve created a business model that strives to empower our artists both creatively and financially. We support our artists with brand development and music distribution and partnerships. Monstercat also produces events, creates merchandise lines, and manages gaming clients.
How to Apply…
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us how your experience, skills, and passions are a perfect match for this role. Please include a brief sentence or two on how music plays a role in your life.