Modest! Management is seeking an Executive Assistant to be based in London.
Modest! is one of the leading artist management companies in the world.
The company is currently looking for a London-based PA to join its UK team.
This is a full-time, long term position, with an initial 6 month probationary period, and will see the successful candidate support one of the company’s senior partners, who is also an artist manager.
The role will provide a full range of administrative support including scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, processing expense reports and assisting with special projects.
The candidate will also be required to support a number of the day to day artist managers on artist projects when required. So whilst this is mainly a role to assist the partner, there will be an opportunity to work more closely with the other managers and thus the artists.
You MUST be a music lover who is passionate and motivated, driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. You MUST be patient, resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. Serious about your work….. with a sense of humour!
- Manage the diaries and time of the partner, including setting up meetings across multiple time zones.
- Assist in all the administrative and operational aspects of his day-to-day business life including diary and email management, transport, accommodation, travel, itineraries, organising approvals, contract signing and appropriate filing of important documents, preparation of papers, agendas and follow-up for both internal and external meetings, as appropriate.
- Providing personal life organisation when required.
- Develop good relationships both internally and externally.
- Ensuring good communication, in particular when the partner is out of the country – keeping him across all necessary.
- Co-ordination, tracking and reconciling of expenses.
- Taking minutes in meetings and on calls, as required.
- Provide support where necessary to other artist managers related specifically to their artist’s activities.
CANDIDATES’ BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates will need to have a very sound track record in a personal assistant capacity, as well as experience in working in music.
In addition, he or she will need to be able assimilate large amounts of information quickly and absorb the culture of the way in which the artist is managed.
Ability to read a situation and react appropriately will be paramount; to understand equally when to seek direction and when to offer it.
Also vital is the need for absolute confidentiality as the role holder is party to information that MUST NOT be shared outside the business or with any other employees.
Flexibility and open-mindedness will be essential for successful growth in the role and job performance. Telepathy and mind-reading would be an additional bonus!
Potential candidates for this post will need to demonstrate:
- A passion for thoroughness and getting things right on every occasion
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and ability to navigate Apple Mac systems in addition to being internet savvy
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing heavy workload at executive level and prioritising appropriately
- This is not a normal 9-5 job. You will be expected to look at and respond to emails and take calls outside of normal office hours.
- Attention to detail at all times
- Reliability, flexibility and calmness with a high level of integrity and discretion
- Energy, enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to think outside the box and find solutions to problems for which there is often no precedent
- Common sense
- Ability to work autonomously
- Resilience and determination to succeed
- A sense of humour
Please apply in writing with cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark clearly in the subject line ‘ASSISTANT’.
Please also include the following with your submission:
- Video: Why are you interested in the position with Modest!? What would you hope to accomplish within your first year? How do you think you would provide value to the partner and wider team?
- Written: What is an example of an initiative, exercise of interesting adventure you took outside work/ School/ Uni? What is a challenge you faced last year? What did you learn?
- Finally, (written) tell us about an album, film, article or book that you found powerful. What impact did it have on you?