MIDiA Research, the leading provider of analysis, advisory and data for digital entertainment, is seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic consultant, focused on music and media, to support all of our consulting projects and activities, reporting to MIDiA’s consulting director.
About the role
The position will cover management of consulting projects, client relations, conducting research and analysis, and preparing and presenting project outputs.
The person will also contribute to MIDiA’s high-quality regular syndicated reports (music) and will be expected to generate ideas and new themes for research, and to author up to six reports per year, with more frequent blogs and participation in podcasts and other industry events. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute to the MIDiA team’s wider thinking, brand development and all-round culture and work life.
Essential experience and skills
- Understanding of research techniques: interviews, surveys, secondary analysis
- Some understanding the ‘project life-cycle’
- Inquiry – curiosity, line of inquiry and active listening
- Data analysis using spreadsheets & basic analytics platforms
- Basic model-building using Excel
- Solid business writing – blogs, reports, white papers
- Strong creative problem-solving and ability to apply concepts, models & frameworks
- Presentation and report writing using MS and Google suites
- Communication – clear, concise and enthusiastic, with the ability to deliver insights, results and recommendations with confidence and humility
Desired experience and skills
- Grasp of issues facing the music and wider media industries
- Commercial skills – stakeholder management, business development, negotiation
- Financial skills – building financial models, understanding aspects of industry finance such as investment and company financial reporting
- Data science/deep analytics – further data skills with knowledge of ‘big data’ tools and packages such as Tableau
- Advanced creative problem-solving and ability to develop concepts, models & frameworks
- Public speaking and media appearances
Working style and arrangements
This is a full-time salaried, permanent role. The person occupying the role is required to work full-time hours, flexibly, initially working largely from home. Ultimately, the role will have limited travel (client and team meetings, industry events) including occasional overseas trips.
Please note all applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.