Metropolitan Groove Merchants (MGM) is a proudly independent music distribution and artistvservices company founded in Sydney, Australia in 1998. We’ve helped shape the careers ofvartists such as The Whitlams, John Butler Trio, Sheppard, Lime Cordiale, The Jezabels, San Cisco, Sons Of The East and many more.
We are seeking a dynamic individual driven by a strong passion for music to join MGM full time. As a core member of the digital team this role will support our global efforts to provide independent artists and their teams the tools and knowledge to sustain successful and long lasting careers. Candidate must be based in Sydney.
- Facilitate onboarding of new clients.
- Manage overarching release schedules working with colleagues and partners in global markets to execute multi territory streaming approaches.
- Take lead on all upload and delivery tasks ensuring the successful ingestion music to digital service platforms (DSPs) in a timely manner. Strict attention to detail required to ensure all
platform guidelines are adhered to when ingesting titles.
- Implement any ongoing metadata updates and maintenance as requested by clients.
- Manage the bulk delivery of catalogue to new DSPs as new deals are confirmed.
- Complete weekly editorial pitches to all DSPs (must adhere to strict guidelines with keen
attention to detail to ensure pitches are consistent and effective).
- Report key updates, DSP editorial support and analytical highlights to clients.
- Liaise directly with account managers at all DSPs to maintain strong working relationships.
- Advise clients on DSP and social best practices to ensure effective presence.
- Network with artists and fellow industry colleagues at local gigs, conferences and events.
- Assist with programming company socials.
- Experience required in the music industry (digital role preferred but other areas considered).
- Comprehensive understanding of global DSPs and their role in the music ecosystem such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music and YouTube.
- Experience and flair with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- Positive attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking, working with multiple people and prioritizing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and be proactive and resourceful.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability with Creative Cloud programs desirable.
- Ability to read, interpret and summarize analytical information from digital service platforms.