Position Overview: Project Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our team as a Project Manager at our independent record label Mexican Summer. This role requires a passion for music, excellent project management skills, and a strong understanding of marketing strategies within the media industry. As a Project Manager you will play a crucial role in overseeing the planning, execution, and promotion of various music projects, ensuring their success.
- Develop and manage projects from inception, release and post-release, working closely with the International team and A&R to develop global campaigns and a strong cohesive narrative.
- Successfully develop detailed campaign strategy through analysis, industry research and timeline configuration.
- Be available as the accessible “point person” for artists, management, and internal teams, ensuring effective communication and collaboration across all parties involved in campaigns.
- Track project budgets and expenses, ensuring adherence to allocated resources, identify and mitigate risks, and proactively address any issues that may arise.
- Support and build third party PR and radio teams to develop campaigns, secure coverage, and maximize exposure for artists and releases.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify target audiences and trends within the music industry. Use this research to develop audiences through collaboration with internal and external marketing teams.
- Work closely with the commercial team on retail and DSP marketing initiatives, liaising with distributors and accounts as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with industry partners, media contacts and key stakeholders.
- Support the artist team when planning tours and communicate with agents to promote live activity.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Music Business, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience in project management and marketing within the music or entertainment industry. Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role.
- A passion for music and a good understanding of various music genres.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in social media platforms, content management systems, and marketing tools.
- Familiarity with music streaming platforms and DSP marketing tools, digital distribution, and online marketing trends.
- Knowledge of copyright and intellectual property laws within the music industry.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with project management and spreadsheet software.
If you are passionate about music, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a track record of successfully managing projects, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant portfolio samples highlighting your previous work. You can apply by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Harassment
Kemado Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression, actual or perceived gender-related self-image, appearance, behavior, expression or other gender-related characteristic regardless of the sex assigned to that person at birth), familial status, marital or partnership status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest or conviction record, unemployment status, credit history, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, accommodation requests, access to programs and facilities, employee activities and general treatment during employment.