Metal Blade Records is looking for an organized individual with expertise in project coordination to join us as a Product Manager.
This is an opportunity to work with independent heavy bands while guiding them through best practices and help them get their content to the fans.
- Work with the production department in the preparation and editing of label copy and approving packaging/ delivery of final audio and meta data to meet release deadlines
- Oversee the development and execution of innovative digital marketing and advertising campaigns
- Implement, organize and execute creative marketing including the management of project budgets
- Collaborate with internal teams including: sales, publicity, product managers, and content creators
- Provide account management teams with key marketing & sales information on new releases
- Organize/lead set-up meetings for key releases including managing follow-up/action items
- Analyze sales data with an effort to identify and optimize opportunity
- Liaise with our team and artist/label partners regarding release schedules and marketing plans
- Foster strong relationships with key individuals at our distributor, artist management companies and directly with artists
- Support Marketing in the creation and execution of marketing plans and strategy
- Maintain updated marketing decks, timelines, one sheet – marketing document assets
- Collect and organize all artist assets (photos, artwork, music, video, bio, etc.)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Able to work on tight timeframes and move projects forward
- Problem-solving attitude to meet deadlines
- Understanding of music streaming, trends, data analysis and reporting tools preferred
- Teamwork skills including adaptability and collaboration
- Computer proficiency and experience using all standard software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
We’d Love It If You Also Had:
- 3+ years of label / distribution experience with an emphasis on Product Management and Digital Commerce/Marketing.
- Passion for and knowledge of heavy music with relationships with artist managers • Strong knowledge of sales and production/metadata.
- Experience with Photoshop, basic HTML and social media publishing tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent business experience