The Director of Publicity gains favorable press in the media with duties that include writing press releases, album review pitches, tour coverage pitches, interview pitches, and more. Strong connections with contacts at newspapers, magazines, television stations, web publications and other media outlets a must. Director of Publicity reports to the General Manager, and works with the individual Product Managers, Metal Blade Records artists and the whole marketing team to promote a release from an album cycle start to finish.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write Press Releases
- Pitch album reviews, tour dates, and artist interviews to press contacts at all US media.
- Schedule and organize interviews with media and artists
- Coordinate press trips and events.
- Escort artists on red carpet events and secure interviews.
- Assist with marketing each campaign.
- Track results from each promotional effort, and report to GM, artists and managers
- Research and utilize the most effective venues for reaching the targeted audience.
- Coordinating guest lists for national tours.
- Budgeting and booking print advertisement.
- Strong organizational skills a must, along with computer skills such as excel and photoshop
- Education level: Bachelor’s, master’s or equivalent industry experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Skills: Great people skills, good organization, excellent writing, and communication skills
Resumes can be sent to [email protected]