Merlin provides independents the means to own their future. Merlin is a member led, music focused organization providing digital music licensing for independents across the globe. Members benefit from Merlin’s premium deals, but work directly with key digital partners. Our membership consists of independent labels, distributors, and other rights-holders, representing tens of thousands of labels and hundreds of thousands of artists from every country in the world. Merlin works collaboratively with our digital partners, delivers value back to those digital partners, and seeks to drive other incremental benefits to our members.
Merlin’s approach has enabled our membership to grow to represent 15% of the global market share. Merlin’s membership includes independents such as Amuse, Armada Music, AVL Group (including CD Baby, DashGo and FUGA), Beggars Group, Cinq Music Group, Dim Mak, DistroKid, Domino, Entertainment One, Epitaph Records, Foundation Media, Kontor New Media, Mad Decent, Monstercat, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, [PIAS], Pony Canyon, Secret City, Secretly, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop, Ultra Records, Vydia, and hundreds more.
Merlin has deals with over 35 digital services, including Apple, AWA, Boomplay, Deezer, Facebook/Instagram, JioSaavn, JOOX, KKBox, NetEase, Pandora, SberZvuk, Snap, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, Triller, UMA, Yandex, and YouTube Music, and is in conversations with dozens more.
This is a newly created role for a digital music enthusiast with experience managing content delivery operations. This role will work closely with our collaborative global team in a fast paced, energetic, and fun atmosphere.
This is a full-time role based in New York, Nashville, or Miami and reports to the Director, Technology and Business Solutions.
- Assess current practices and refine and standardize delivery best practices between Merlin members and each digital partner, taking into account each partner’s unique requirements.
- Develop and manage technical operational processes as they relate to Merlin members and partners.
- Support Merlin’s membership with navigating changing technical delivery specifications relating to updates and developments to specifications at the partner level.
- Document operating procedures, create best practices, draft member-facing documentation for delivery requirements, and provide training to internal users as needed.
- Monitor ongoing changes and evolving requirements of each digital partner, and update Merlin’s best practices accordingly, and make these new standards available to Merlin members on a timely basis.
- Support the day-to-day management of tickets around delivery.
- Communicate with digital partners and respond to inbound requests from Merlin’s members regarding delivery and data reconciliation.
- Interface and provide feedback to the technology team to ensure that internal products meet the latest partner delivery and metadata requirements.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Operational supply chain experience in digital distribution, label distribution, or content operations in the digital music ecosystem.
- Solid experience and understanding of XML.
- Hands-on experience working as either a recorded music rights holder, a distributor or delivery service, or as a digital service to resolve operational and delivery issues.
- Experience leading communication and managing relationships with rights holders and DSPs.
- Experience managing deliveries that adheres to the latest Apple Music Style Guide and DDEX ERN +3.8 compliant services.
- The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented and proven self-starter with a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, work cross-functionality across departments, and to communicate confidently with digital partners, labels and distributors.
The title, salary, and benefits package will be offered commensurate with the relevant experience of the candidate.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Merlin is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.