Merlin provides independents the means to own their future. Merlin is a member led, music focused organization providing digital music licensing for independents across the globe.
Members benefit from Merlin’s premium deals, but work directly with key digital partners. Our membership consists of independent labels, distributors, and other rights-holders, representing tens of thousands of labels and hundreds of thousands of artists from every country in the world. Merlin works collaboratively with our digital partners, delivers value back to those digital partners, and seeks to drive other incremental benefits to our members.
Merlin’s approach has enabled our membership to grow to represent 15% of the global market share. Merlin’s membership includes independents such as Altafonte, Amuse, Armada Music, AudioSalad, AVL Group (including CD Baby, DashGo and FUGA), Beggars Group, Cinq Music Group, Dim Mak, DistroKid, Domino, Epitaph Records, Foundation Media, Freeme Digital, IDOL, Kontor New Media, Mad Decent, MNRK Music Group, Monstercat, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, ONErpm, [PIAS], Pony Canyon, Redeye, Secret City, Secretly, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop, Vydia, and hundreds more.
Merlin has deals with nearly 40 digital services, including partners like Adaptr, Apple, AWA, Boomplay, Deezer, Facebook/Instagram, JioSaavn, JOOX, KKBox, NetEase, Pandora, Peloton, SberZvuk, Snap, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, TREBEL, Triller, Twitch, UMA, Yandex, YouTube Music, and many other global, regional and strategic partners, as well as being in conversations with dozens more.
Merlin has resources in London, New York, North Carolina, the Netherlands, and Tokyo.
Find out more at www.merlinnetwork.org
The Reporting and Insights team is growing in response to growth in the number of deals that Merlin supports, the increasing complexity of the digital ecosystem, and the consequent volume of royalty information and usage data. The team works closely with all of the Merlin departments providing critical insight and visibility into the evolution of the market, and ensuring accurate and timely reporting from DSPs.
The candidate will be a problem solver who will be providing support to the Reporting Manager in ensuring the department is performing effectively and developing a culture that empahsises quality and continuous improvement.
Position Status, Location and Reporting
This is a full time position based in London and reports to the Reporting Manager.
- Responsible for processing and reviewing royalty statements.
- Supporting the Reporting Manager in leading the team towards success. Assisting in training and guiding Reporting Coordinators.
- Resolving / providing solutions to deal driven royalty complexities.
- Liaise with the Technical Data Specialist in order to optimize royalty processes.
- Identify and recommend process improvements and assist with their implementations.
- Solve discrepancies within royalty data.
- Inboud royalty reconciliation of cash to statement details.
- Ensure timely and correct delivery of (monthly) statements.
- Handling internal and external queries regarding royalty reporting.
- 3+ Years of experience in royalties/reporting role.
- Demostrable problem solving abilities.
- Recognizes challenges and opportunities in order to improve processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is a must.
- Ability to understand and apply royalty calculations.
- Enjoys and is confident working with numbers.
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organized skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Keen to learn new applications.
- SQL and/or Alteryx knowledge would be a bonus.
- Interest in the music industry and trends in technology.