Merlin provides independents the means to own their future.
Merlin is a member led, music focused organization providing digital music licensing for independents across the globe. Members benefit from Merlin’s premium deals, but work directly with key digital partners. Our membership consists of independent labels, distributors, and other rights-holders, representing tens of thousands of labels and hundreds of thousands of artists from every country in the world. Merlin works collaboratively with our digital partners, delivers value back to those digital partners, and seeks to drive other incremental benefits to our members.
Merlin’s approach has enabled our membership to grow to represent 15% of the global market share. Merlin’s membership includes independents such as Altafonte, Amuse, Armada Music, AudioSalad, AVL Group (including CD Baby, DashGo and FUGA), Beggars Group, Cinq Music Group, Dim Mak, DistroKid, Domino, Epitaph Records, Foundation Media, Freeme Digital, IDOL, Kontor New Media, Mad Decent, MNRK Music Group, Monstercat, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, ONErpm, [PIAS], Pony Canyon, Redeye, Secret City, Secretly, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop, Vydia, and hundreds more.
Merlin has deals with nearly 40 digital services, including partners like Adaptr, Apple, AWA, Boomplay, Deezer, Facebook/Instagram, JioSaavn, JOOX, KKBox, NetEase, Pandora, Peloton, SberZvuk, Snap, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, TREBEL, Triller, Twitch, UMA, Yandex, YouTube Music, and many other global, regional and strategic partners, as well as being in conversations with dozens more.
Merlin has resources in London, New York, North Carolina, the Netherlands, and Tokyo.
Find out more at www.merlinnetwork.org
The Reporting and Insights team is growing in response to growth in the number of deals that Merlin supports, the increasing complexity of the digital ecosystem, and the consequent volume of royalty information and usage data. The team works closely with all of the Merlin departments providing critical insight and visibility into the evolution of the market, and ensuring accurate and timely reporting from DSPs.
The candidate will be providing support to the Reporting Manager in ensuring all royalty reports are received, processed and delivered to Merlin members efficiently, as well as communicating with members and DSPs regarding internal and external queries on all reporting matters. This role holds the opportunity to build knowledge and skills within royalty reporting, rights licensing and the digital music industry.
Position Status, Location and Reporting
This is a full time position based in London and reports to the Reporting Manager.
- Responsible for processing and reviewing royalty statements.
- Ensure timely and correct delivery of (monthly) statements.
- Inboud royalty reconciliation of cash to statement details.
- Solve discrepancies within royalty data.
- Liaise with the Technical Data Specialist in order to optimize royalty processes.
- Handling internal and external queries regarding royalty reporting.
- Enjoys and is confident working with numbers.
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organized skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of pivot tables and basic formulas is desirable.
- Keen to learn new applications.
- Ability to understand and apply basic royalty calculations is an advantage.
- Interest in the music industry and trends in technology.
- SQL and/or Alteryx knowledge would be a bonus.