Merlin provides independents the means to own their future.
Merlin is a member led, music focused organisation providing digital music licensing for independents across the globe. Members benefit from Merlin’s premium deals, but work directly with key digital partners. Our membership consists of independent labels, distributors, and other rights-holders, representing tens of thousands of labels and hundreds of thousands of artists from every country in the world. Merlin works collaboratively with our digital partners, delivers value back to those digital partners, and seeks to drive other incremental benefits to our members.
Merlin’s approach has enabled our membership to grow to represent 15% of the global market share. Merlin’s membership includes independents such as Altafonte, Amuse, Armada Music, AudioSalad, AVL Group (including CD Baby, DashGo and FUGA), Beggars Group, Cinq Music Group, Dim Mak, DistroKid, Domino, Epitaph Records, Foundation Media, Freeme Digital, IDOL, Kontor New Media, Mad Decent, MNRK Music Group, Monstercat, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, ONErpm, [PIAS], Pony Canyon, Redeye, Secret City, Secretly, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop, Vydia, and hundreds more.
Merlin has deals with nearly 40 digital services, including partners like Adaptr, Apple, AWA, Boomplay, Deezer, Facebook/Instagram, JioSaavn, JOOX, KKBox, NetEase, Pandora, Peloton, SberZvuk, Snap, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, TREBEL, Triller, Twitch, UMA, Yandex, YouTube Music, and many other global, regional and strategic partners, as well as being in conversations with dozens more.
Merlin has resources in London, New York, North Carolina, the Netherlands, and Tokyo.
We are looking for an organised and motivated self-starter to help with global office administration, across all departments of Merlin. As well as general office duties, the successful candidate will be working closely with the reporting, finance, legal and member services teams.
Position Status, Location, and Reporting
This is a full time role based in London (Covent Garden offices) and will report into the CFO, but will have broader responsibilities across the global team.
- Ensure a welcoming, clean and safe office environment for all Merlin employees and guests
- Help create an office atmosphere that reflects Merlin’s values and culture
- Be an expert resource on effective use of tools for remote working and best practises for connectivity across offices and for any remote or travelling employees
- Other general responsibilities include: answering phone calls and managing bookings for meeting rooms and in-person appointments
- Managing vendors related to Merlin offices
- Maintain optimal levels of office supplies
- Ensure equipment meets needs of each office and is in working condition
- Liaise with landlord and managing agents
- Support compliance with office safety requirements and protocols
- Uphold any special policies or practises, such as management of Covid safety protocols
- Organise events, social meetings, and Board meetings
- Help with travel arrangements and manage expenses when required
- Coordinate with the global offices (US and Japan) and global employees (Netherlands, North Carolina) to establish and unify best practises
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and external meetings where required
- Help with any special projects undertaken by other departments across Merlin
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will be organised and approachable, and a tech savvy, collaborative problem solver. This self-starter has a strong customer-service orientation, and excellent follow through.
- Direct experience as a coordinator, administrative assistant or office manager supporting an entrepreneurial office environment, commensurate with the above responsibilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Vendor management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively track and manage timelines, projects and budgets
- Ability to prioritise work and good judgement of how to use time effectively
- Motivation to learn through challenging, manageable projects and assignments
- Excellent Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills required with a good understanding of Excel and Google Sheets
- Organised and motivated
A competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Merlin is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
To apply or recommend a qualified candidate, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]