Job Title: Member & Partner Success
Location: Remote in Australia; Sydney, Melbourne
Merlin provides independents the means to own their future. Merlin is a member led, music focused organization providing digital music licensing for independents across the globe. Members benefit from Merlin’s premium deals, but work directly with key digital partners.
Our membership consists of independent labels, distributors, and other rights-holders, representing tens of thousands of labels and hundreds of thousands of artists from every country in the world. Merlin works collaboratively with our digital partners, delivers value back to those digital partners, and seeks to drive other incremental benefits to our members.
Merlin’s approach has enabled our membership to grow to represent 15% of the global market share. Merlin’s membership includes independents such as Amuse, Armada Music, AudioSalad, AVL Group (including CD Baby, DashGo and FUGA), Beggars Group, DistroKid, Ditto, Domino, Epitaph Records, Fluxus, and Freeme Digital.
Others include GYROstream, Hillsong, IDOL, Kontor New Media, Mad Decent, Metropolitan Groove Merchants, MNRK Music Group, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, ONErpm, Phonographic Digital Limited, [PIAS], Pony Canyon, Redeye, Secretly, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop, Vicious Recordings, Xelon and hundreds more.
Merlin has deals with nearly 40 digital services, including partners like Apple, AWA, Boomplay, Deezer, FLO, JioSaavn, JOOX, KKBox, Meta, NetEase, Pandora, Peloton, Snap, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, TREBEL, Twitch, YouTube Music, and many other global, regional and strategic partners, as well as being in conversations with dozens more.
Merlin has resources in London, New York, North Carolina, the Netherlands, and Tokyo.
We are looking to add an energetic, organized self-starter with demonstrated ability to work autonomously with our Member & Partner Success team, supporting our efforts to drive value, enable independents and maximize the value of Merlin.
The successful candidate will be a digital music market enthusiast with a strong understanding of how digital services, labels and distributors partner. Our new team member will be based in Australia (Sydney or Melbourne).
The primary focus will be on growing and supporting our members and partners across the APAC region and will work closely with our global team in a fast paced, energetic, and fun atmosphere. This opening, depending upon the candidate’s experience, is for a coordinator or manager.
Position Status, Location, and Reporting
This is a full time role based in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia and reporting to our Member & Partner Success team leads.
- Working with colleagues across the globe and time zones, inclusive of joining regular meetings during evening hours in Australia.
- Organizing and distributing a broad set of marketplace communications to Merlin members.
- Leadership in the support and connectivity between members, partners and Merlin.
- Assist in identifying, researching and communicating with prospective member companies and helping on-board new members.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external stakeholders to identify and collect assets required for successful participation across a wide array of partner opportunities.
- Track and ensure progress, updating information and coordinating follow up communications related to Merlin member rights commitments, delivery obligations and related business info required to be kept between Merlin, our members and partners.
- Join Merlin meetings with members and with partners, learning about the needs of each, staying atop of marketplace opportunities and contributing to the development of tools and processes that serve Merlin members’ ability to maximize the value of their Merlin partnerships.
- Serve as one of the staff leads managing our team email in-boxes, ensuring efficient use of communication tools and various resources to deliver prompt and correct responses.
- Support team management across all guides, documents and tools used by members, setting up web sessions & presentations, managing internal and external communications and participating in global team meetings.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with music labels, distributors, artist services companies or digital music companies.
- Working with and/or knowledge of independent music companies across the APAC region.
Comfortable working in a fast paced environment requiring both great attention to detail and working across multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a disciplined adherence to commercial awareness and confidentiality.
- Confidence to contribute to discussions with digital partners and Merlin members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with clients of all personalities.
- Must be a team player willing to ask questions and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Previous experience with various partner opportunities available to Merlin members.
- Proficiency with Merlin member dashboard and backend.
- Proficiency with computer applications including Excel/Pivot Tables, Google Forms/G Suite, Freshdesk, WebinarJam and contact management systems.
- Multi-lingual, particularly business level comfort communicating in any of the main languages spoken in Southeast Asia
A competitive salary, incentive, and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Merlin is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.