We are looking for an energetic, organized self-starter to join our Member & Partner Success team, supporting our efforts to drive value, enable independents and maximize the value of Merlin. The successful candidate will be a digital music operations and marketing enthusiast with an understanding of how digital services, labels and distributors partner to drive the digital music market. The hire will be based in our New York office, but will work in support of our global team and membership. Our Member & Partner Success Coordinator will work closely with our collaborative global team in a fast paced, energetic, and fun atmosphere.
Position Status, Location, and Reporting
This is a full time role based in New York and reporting to the Member & Partner Success team leads.
- Work closely with the Member & Partner Success teams to organize and distribute a broad set of communications to Merlin members.
- Serve as one of the staff leads managing our team email in-boxes, ensuring efficient use of communication tools and various resources to deliver prompt and correct responses.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external stakeholders to identify and collect assets required for successful participation across a wide array of partner opportunities.
- Assist in identifying, researching and communicating with prospective member companies and help on-board new members.
- Track and ensure progress, updating information and coordinating follow up communications related to Merlin member rights commitments, delivery obligations and various operations related business info required to be kept between Merlin, our members and partners.
- Contribute to the support and connectivity between members, partners and our team.
- Join Merlin meetings with members and partners. Learn about marketplace opportunities and participate in the development of tools and processes enabling Merlin members to maximize the value of their Merlin partnerships.
- Support team management across all guides, documents and tools used by members, for web our sessions & presentations, internal and external communications and team meeting schedules and agendas.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working with music labels, distributors or artist services companies.
- Knowledge and experience working in a fast paced environment requiring both great attention to detail and working across multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a disciplined adherence to commercial awareness and confidentiality.
- Comfortable participating in discussions with digital partners and Merlin members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with clients of all personalities.
- Must be a team player willing to ask questions and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Proficiency with computer applications including Excel/Pivot Tables, Google Forms/G Suite, Freshdesk, WebinarJam and contact management systems.
- Proficiency with Merlin member dashboard and backend.
- Previous experience with various partner opportunities available to Merlin members.
A competitive salary, incentive, and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Merlin is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
Merlin provides independents the means to own their future. Merlin is a member led, music focused organization providing digital music licensing for independents across the globe. Members benefit from Merlin’s premium deals, but work directly with key digital partners. Our membership consists of independent labels, distributors, and other rights-holders, representing tens of thousands of labels and hundreds of thousands of artists from every country in the world. Merlin works collaboratively with our digital partners, delivers value back to those digital partners, and seeks to drive other incremental benefits to our members.
Merlin’s approach has enabled our membership to grow to represent 15% of the global market share. Merlin’s membership includes independents such as Altafonte, Amuse, Armada Music, AudioSalad, AVL Group (including CD Baby, DashGo and FUGA), Beggars Group, Cinq Music Group, Dim Mak, DistroKid, Domino, Epitaph Records, Foundation Media, Freeme Digital, IDOL, Kontor New Media, Mad Decent, MNRK Music Group, Monstercat, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, ONErpm, [PIAS], Pony Canyon, Redeye, Secret City, Secretly, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop, Vydia, and hundreds more.
Merlin has deals with nearly 40 digital services, including partners like Adaptr, Apple, AWA, Boomplay, Deezer, FLO, JioSaavn, JOOX, KKBox, Meta, NetEase, Pandora, Peloton, Snap, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, TREBEL, Triller, Twitch, YouTube Music, and many other global, regional and strategic partners, as well as being in conversations with dozens more.
Merlin has resources in London, New York, North Carolina, the Netherlands, and Tokyo.
For consideration apply at https://www.linkedin.com/talent/hire/418041625/job-post