Merlin provides independents the means to own their future. Merlin is a member led, music focused organization providing digital music licensing for independents across the globe. Members benefit from Merlin’s premium deals, but work directly with key digital partners. Our membership consists of independent labels, distributors, and other rights-holders, representing tens of thousands of labels and hundreds of thousands of artists from every country in the world. Merlin works collaboratively with our digital partners, delivers value back to those digital partners, and seeks to drive other incremental benefits to our members.
Merlin’s approach has enabled our membership to grow to represent 15% of the global market share. Merlin’s membership includes independents such as Amuse, Armada Music, AVL Group (including CD Baby, DashGo and FUGA), Beggars Group, Cinq Music Group, Dim Mak, DistroKid, Domino, Epitaph Records, Foundation Media, Kontor New Media, Mad Decent, MNRK, Monstercat, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, [PIAS], Secret City, Secretly, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop, and hundreds more.
Merlin has deals with nearly 40 digital services, including Apple, AWA, Boomplay, Deezer, JioSaavn, JOOX, KKBox, Lickd, Meta (fka Facebook), NetEase, Pandora, Snap, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, Triller, and YouTube Music, and is in conversations with dozens more.
This is a newly created role for a creative self-starter with experience as a human resource generalist. This role will work closely with the CEO to design, implement, and refine best practices across a global organization. The role will also interface with colleagues at all levels to manage and deliver HR services to a growing global organization with a fast paced, energetic environment. This is an exciting opportunity for to take the helm in HR with a vibrant, stable, and growing global organization (with resources in London, New York, North Carolina, the Netherlands, and Tokyo).
This is a full-time role based in New York and reports to the CEO.
- Take the CEO’s vision for People and Culture and translate into an HR Action Plan
- Implement a global HR Action Plan as a hands-on HR practitioner while also leveraging various partner resources already in place including TriNet PEO, Lattice, EnterGain, and a global PEO
- Oversee the Employee Review Process, including implementation, completion in a timely basis, and employee job descriptions are entered and updated in Lattice annually
- Conduct Employee Surveys to optimize decision-making, Pulse checks, Growth & Learning opportunities, Onboarding, etc.
- Oversee the global Recruiting process, ensure global consistency and review for effectiveness
- Review and update the Staff Handbook
- Leverage PEOs and other resources to ensure compliance with local requirements
- Refine the New Hire Onboarding and mentoring programs
- Be an approachable resource for all employees, and handle with dignity and professionalism any employee relations matters that may arise
- Develop a strategy for employee wellness and work life balance, resilience and productivity.
- Monitor, review, and make recommendations on Compensation and Benefits
- Develop and administer L&D and Training programs to enhance employee performance
- Create and administer Internship program
- Develop and implement DEI programs that create a sense of welcoming and belonging for all colleagues at all junctures in the employment lifecycle
- Collaborate with the CEO on initiatives that reinforce collaboration and positive culture
- Build KPIs, metrics, and dashboards to track and improve HR, L&D, culture, and DEI effectiveness
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3-5 Years as HR Generalist or HR Business Partner
- Resourceful self-starter, with strong vendor management skills, and a readiness to be an HR “department of one” in a vibrant, growing company
- Passion for working across cultures and time zones
- Hands on experience in full cycle recruiting and managing outside recruiting partners where appropriate
- HR admin, including employee onboarding and offboarding, benefits enrollment, etc.
- Experience managing HR administration and benefits vendors and systems, such as a payroll, ATS, LMS or PEO platforms and services
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations, and command of compliance matters
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others to be better managers
- Direct experience architecting and leading strategic HR initiatives such as L&D or DEI programs
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective judgement about proper handling of confidential information
- Strong tactical HR analytics and Excel skills
- Highest level of integrity and work ethic
- Well-rounded modern thinker with a nimble and hands-on mind-set
The title, salary, and benefits package will be offered commensurate with the relevant experience of the candidate.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Merlin is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
Please apply via this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2984205915/?capColoOverride=true