MER Group is an independent and boutique-styled full-service music company and from Norway. Founded in 2013 by music executive Gunnar Greve, MER has a vision to become a leading force in the industry in terms of developing, facilitating and managing all aspects of their clients’ careers, MER has expertise and relevant experience in providing services such as management, label functions, content production, promotion, branding, music publishing and business management. The company is based in Oslo, Norway, with facilities including both offices and a recording studio complex consisting of 8 studios. Its roster includes the likes of global superstar Alan Walker, up-and-coming artist K-391, and Grammy nominated songwriter Mood Melodies, in addition to a variety of songwriters.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
MER Recordings, a division of MER Group, is amongst the leading independent record labels in the Nordics, and has been a key figure in the region with a successful international track record since its beginning. The company is now looking for a competent and devoted person to join the team as a project manager. MER is looking for someone with a strong professional aptitude and a genuine interest for the field of work, and someone who’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves when needed. A thorough understanding and interest in the music industry is imperative to succeed in this position.
- Oversee all aspects of record label functions, including marketing, distribution, PR, artist development, radio promotion etc across multiple clients.
- Oversee releases and ensure that all aspects of it are properly managed and scheduled in a timely manner.
- Resource planning and allocation
- Regularly and effectively communicate to cross-functional team members about project status.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all extended and external project team members
- Delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities within a specific release campaign
- Effectively coordinate between internal Artist creative teams, including manager, agent, publisher etc of all involved.
- Manage campaign budgets
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Generate and continuously maintain reporting data for respective projects, reporting to upper management as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND WANTED ATTRIBUTES:
- A minimum of 10 years related working experience as a project manager in the entertainment industry
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Organized, passionate and positive-minded, with the ability to supervise projects and their timelines from start to finish.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and inwriting
- A strong sense of knowledge and understanding of the music industry, as well as a genuine interest in both the industry and overall pop culture
- An understanding of various regional business cultures, and a general multicultural sensibility and tolerance
- Must enjoy and thrive in a high energy work environment
- An ability to work autonomously as well as in teams
- Structured and precise in your work, with an attention to details
- “Off hours” work is to be expected, as a result of time differences
WE CAN OFFER:
- An exciting and challenging position
- Diverse and challenging tasks in a professional environment
- An arena to develop personally and as a career person
- Competitive terms and conditions in an inspiring work environment with great colleagues
- Newly renovated and modern work facilities with a centralized location in Oslo, Norway (recognized as one of the places to live in)