Melodie is seeking an experienced Sync Licensing Manager to spearhead our independent film & TV licensing operations in the US.
Demonstrating both 5+ years music licensing experience as well as an extensive network of US-based independent film & TV production company clients, this role will best fit a well-connected, ambitious and highly-motivated self-starter with an interest to get in early with a fast-growing international music licensing startup.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working remotely in your own time, the successful candidate will be responsible for winning new clients, maintaining relationships and achieving significant revenue growth from the independent film & TV production company sector, creating a solid foundation for Melodie’s long-term success in the US market.
- Develop a US film & TV production licensing strategy;
- Create a consistent pipeline of clients, managing all stages of the sales cycle from lead to client, reporting progress;
- Negotiate & secure both needle drop and annual blanket licence / subscription deals with key US-based clients in independent film & TV production);
- Manage cue sheets and report usage to Melodie / PROs;
- Attend and present at client meetings, virtually and in person, travel may be required;
- Maintain regular contact with clients, encourage usage, respond to music briefs, ensure clients are well looked after;
- Collaborate with the Melodie team on opportunities, attend internal meetings, know the catalogue and stay across new music releases;
- Hit or exceed sales targets, grow client database, maintain up-to-date records with information appropriate for continued business growth;
- Remain sane and charming while juggling many moving parts under pressure.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sync licensing, account management or music supervision with a focus on film/television production companies.
- A great communicator, negotiator, problem solver and relationship builder, able to thrive both independently and in a team environment.
- Resilient, self-motivated, resourceful and entirely comfortable spending hours pitching over the phone/email.
- Fluency in the common terms used to describe music, music copyright, sync licensing & performing rights.
- Tech skills: Slack, Asana, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Mailchimp.
- Skills: Sales, Business Development, Licence Negotiation, Cold Calling, Account Management, Strategy & Planning, Reporting.
Melodie (www.melod.ie) is an Australian-based music licensing platform and publisher providing individuals, businesses and creative platforms with unlimited access to authentic, high-quality, copyright-safe music.
With an exclusive catalogue of more than 15,000 tracks, stems and alternate versions, as well as intuitive AI-powered search tools, Melodie makes it easy to find and license great music from award-winning composers.
Our Values & Diversity
Melodie was founded by a family of composers, musicians and sound designers – all with a deep understanding of the essential role music plays in storytelling. Our purpose is to connect and inspire Melodie artists, content businesses and employees – growing a benevolent, diverse and sustainable business, supporting a thriving creative community.
We live by a simple set of core values: Be Passionate, Be Curious, Be Kind.
Melodie is an inclusive business committed to diversity and inclusion. We therefore welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
Email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Subject line: ‘Licensing Manager Applicant’.