Material is focused on building outstanding artists and music brands, in the electronic space. To aid in the expansion of our growing roster of artists and brands we are seeking an exceptional Product Manager to manage the day-to-day record label activity, campaigns as well as expand new products.
We require three year’s minimum product experience and a proven understanding of the workings of record labels, that should include everything from metadata to marketing. The candidate must be very organised, relish a challenge and excel within project management and working to deadlines. Having a deep understanding of the digital and social landscape, including analysis of data and metrics to inform strategic decisions, is imperative. Strong relationships within the industry are a real advantage, as are contacts within DSPs and retail. We are seeking a motivated individual who can see wider opportunities, future trends and new ideas, to help grow an evolving music business, especially in the digital space.
You will work alongside the wider music team to deliver signings and campaigns from conception to execution and finally evaluation. This is a varied and artist focused role and will require an individual with well-rounded negotiation and excellent communication skills. No day will be the same and you will often be liaising with external agencies and key stakeholders to achieve your objectives. You will have the opportunity to make a real creative contribution in everything we do.
We are looking very much for a team player, but also someone who can work individually and drive projects from the front, ensuring all our partners fall into line within the project deadlines. An eye for detail and numbers is vital. You must have experience of manufacturing as we continue to invest and grow our physical product offering, including merchandise. This will also link to our growing direct to consumer sales of which you will be responsible for growing and managing this area, mainly via our D2C stores and warehouse.
The right candidate will be able to build our brands and have a deep understanding of each label’s audience. We function mainly in the electronic / dance space – our brands include Back to Mine, Future Disco, Stress and Needwant; so having a knowledge, passion and understanding of this genre is a real advantage.
At Material, our team brings energy and dedication to everything we do and we support our company values – creativity, partnerships, learning and innovation. We are based in Elephant and Castle at Ministry of Sound offices, though working a mixture of remote and office working (2 days per week). We take employee development very seriously, with a genuine focus on learning and development.
- Managing all major Material artist releases and campaigns to create outstanding products and associated campaigns to drive sales.
- Define the product strategy for Material and generate new revenue streams and expand our offering – particularly with regards to D2C.
- Communicate progress regularly across the business and inform strategic decisions on how we drive revenue growth.
- Management of external partners and teams (e.g. designers, distribution), budgets and deadlines.
- Drive user and revenue growth.
- Proven success driving and managing project innovative and success, both with digital and physical products.
- A strong history of relationship building and collaboration both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead and establish effective working relationships across a complex and fast-moving environment.
- Highly adept at informing product direction through data-driven analysis and user research.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Passion for the music, physical product and marketing.
What We Can Offer
- A great atmosphere – we are a very passionate group of dance music people.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track record in breaking and delivering successful artists and brands.
- A hybrid working policy where we are flexible to work around your requirements, but still enjoy the benefits of our office in Ministry Of Sound.
- A multifunctional growing music business that touches on areas such as events and publishing, with room to grow and develop understanding and skills across many areas of the music business.
- Career development with options for further education and learning
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Applications to include CV, covering letter and salary expectation, please email to email@example.com
You will also be required to do a short task on application.
Deadline: 22nd April