Material – Marketing Manager
At Material we are looking for a dynamic and passionate Marketing Manager to drive forwards the business, its labels and artists. Material has been established for over ten years building a community of mainly electronic record labels and management artists. Marketing, and particularly digital marketing, are at the heart of the business and this role will have the opportunity to strategically shape the business for 2023.
We are looking for a multi-talented individual who has creativity, genuine passion for electronic music and strategic vision. If you understand and enjoy the digital and social environment (with a focus on Tik Tok), have a passion for planning and experience in delivering standout campaigns for artists, this is the role for you.
Material is a forward-thinking and growing London based music company producing some of the most exciting artists and brands in electronic music. For the past decade we have been developing a unique company that works across recordings, management, events and bespoke global music projects.
Our record labels include Future Disco, Needwant, Back To Mine, Stress Records, DJ History and Remedy. Each label has their own social channels, style, visual identities and sound, as well as stand out artists within these communities. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable to switch between different brands, tone of voices and plans on an hourly basis. We are looking for a candidate who has the ideas and strategic know how to make memorable and engaged campaigns across a range of media, while rapidly growing audiences and communities to create wider business success.
The role will suit a marketeer with at least four years’ experience in a similar role, in a music focused business. You should bring a proven track record of making an impact on a business level against strategic objectives. You should be very organised and able to work to deadlines, objectives and schedules, within a very busy day to day release schedule.
Having an understanding of a range of Adobe software programs, including design, video editing and audio will be an advantage in this role. Having knowledge of and being familiar with, the online direct to consumer ecommerce environment including Shopify and bandcamp is a positive alongside e-marketing software.
We believe everyone at Material contributes, with an equal opportunities policy. We also offer on the job training and assistance in further education and courses to further your career development. We are based at Ministry Of Sound in Elephant and Castle in London and encourage a flexible, hybrid working environment between the office and home.
Some Example Tasks
- Release campaign planning
- Social schedules and strategy
- Partnership approaches
- Brand direction and creative exploration with agencies.
- Updating websites and creating direct e-mailers.
- Release asset design briefs
- Community management and growth
- Website management and SEO
- Audience analysis and trends including using chart metric
- Facebook Ads manager campaign management
- A protective brand guardian
- A passion for electronic music and culture
- Very organised and astute planner
- Eye for detail and great design, photography and video editing skills / awareness
- Aware of future digital, fashion and music trends
- Trustworthy and self-motivated
- Copywriting skills
- Good social understanding and breadth across networks and platforms
- Understanding of music retail, fan development and acquisition
Full Time with hybrid working.
Salary dependent on experience. Region of £25-£35k
To apply please send your CV and covering letter letting us know why you are the right candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20th January