Matador Records is seeking a new General Manager in its London office, to oversee its business in the world outside of the US and the rest of the Americas. The job description is below. Please send a CV and cover letter by June 20th to email@example.com.
General Manager Matador Records Ltd.
The General Manager is responsible for representing Matador Records and its artists in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world ex-North and South America. The position is based in London and reports directly to the label President in New York. Duties include supervising the Matador UK label staff, directing campaigns via the Beggars teams in the UK and the other territories, liaising directly with artists and managers, and being the face of the label ex-US.
The specifics of the role include:
- Working closely with artists and their teams to deliver their creative vision.
- Daily communication with the label President, the US head of marketing and the US label team.
- Sales projections, allocating budgets to various areas of marketing, promotion, production, advertising, retail.
- Managing the UK Matador team, as well as the wider UK Beggars departments and any external teams to work together to deliver successful campaigns.
- Supervising the London-based Matador Product Manager and the Beggars staff globally to create targeted and strategic campaigns, whilst constantly improving the profile of the label and its artists in each market.
- Leading weekly UK meetings with the promotions, sales, streaming, licensing and marketing departments.
Teleconferencing into the weekly US label meetings.
- Promoting the label and its artists by acting as the ambassador for the label – building and maintaining industry relationships with new and existing partners and contacts.
- Discovering new music and keeping abreast of new technology and opportunities.
- At least 5 years experience in the UK music business, preferably at a record label.
- Deep knowledge of the Matador catalogue and current roster.
- Enthusiasm for music and records across all genres and time periods.
- Ability to work closely with difficult and creative personalities.
- Willingness to travel frequently to the US and to the other territories.
- Availability on weekends and evenings and generally during US office hours.
- Confidence in public speaking.
- Writing ability.
- Microsoft Office skills essential; Adobe Creative Suite a plus.