Mass Appeal is an entertainment company dedicated to telling stories from the perspective of those who shape and shift culture.
Since 1996, we have documented the emerging movements that influence popular ideas. Today, Mass Appeal is the elevated voice of Hip Hop and its ever-expanding sphere of influence. Integrated offerings in content, music and creative services stoke Mass Appeal’s ability to maximize the impact of our output. Our diverse school of thought separates us from friends and foes alike.
The Product Manager for Mass Appeal Records is primarily responsible for successfully managing all aspects of product for new releases including submitting product to distributor, managing design process for physical product, managing manufacturing for physical product, sourcing vendors for merch and more.
- Manage the delivery of all assets to various distribution partners (e.g. generating UPC, ISRC, etc)
- Handle submission of artist placement opportunities (e.g pitch forms, playlisting, etc)
- Manage inventory and all logistics
- Assist with management of eCommerce and overall merchandising strategy
- Organize and manage the delivery of all assets (audio, video, art, lyrics, contracts, clearances)
- Work with the marketing team on creation of assets and coordinate with overall team to keep everyone in the loop
- Catalogue management
- New product solicitation
- Setup/management of tour planning and events
- Serve as main point of contact with distributor regarding releases
- Manage the team shared drive to ensure all assets are uploaded and organized
- Manage event and artist performances, as needed
- General artist management duties including; coordinating with artist to assemble tracks, confirm artwork, help with scheduling
- Drive product vision, roadmap and goals for Mass Appeal Records key products, and manage all inventory and sales data both domestic and international.
- Develop a clear product roadmap based on market and user research with the appropriate business cases and data to back it up.
- Interact with customers to gather feedback and validate future product ideas while strongly representing Mass Appeal.
- Constantly improve customer satisfaction, usability, reliability and operational efficiency by continually monitoring KPIs and finding opportunities to increase engagement and reduce friction across your product.
- Evaluate potential new vendors to ensure proper manufacturing processes are in place.
College Degree in a related field; one year of relevant career experience may be substituted for each year of college.
- At least two (2) years of prior label experience as a Product Manager, or equivalent relevant experience
- At least five (5) years of music industry experience
- Prior label operations or artist relations background; prior experience as an artist manager or a day to day manager preferred
- Strong experience with Excel—understanding of metadata and publishing
- Strong client relation, customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal, including a strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; understanding of audio software preferred