Title: Director of Production
Department: Record Label
Reports to: CEO, GM
Company and Position Summary
Mass Appeal is an entertainment company dedicated to telling stories from the perspective of those who shape and shift culture. Since 1996, we have documented the emerging movements that influence popular ideas. Today, Mass Appeal is the elevated voice of Hip Hop and its ever-expanding sphere of influence. Integrated offerings in content, music and creative services stoke Mass Appeal’s ability to maximize the impact of our output. Our diverse school of thought separates us from friends and foes alike.
The Director of Production for Mass Appeal Records is primarily responsible for successfully managing all aspects of product for new releases including submitting product to distributor, managing design process for physical product, managing manufacturing for physical product, sourcing vendors for merch and more.
- Serve as main point of contact with distributor and management teams regarding digital and physical releases
- Manage the delivery of all assets to various distribution partners (e.g. ensuring audio, artwork, packaging etc. are delivered on deadline)
- Organize and manage the delivery of all assets (audio, video, art, lyrics, contracts, clearances)
- Work alongside the marketing team and handle submission of DSP placement and retailer storefront opportunities (e.g pitch forms, playlisting, etc)
- Manage catalog inventory and logistics
- Manage production, logistics and shipping for retail, touring and direct-to-consumer products
- Assist with management of eCommerce and overall merchandising strategy for label and roster products
- Work with the marketing team on creation of assets and coordinate with overall team to keep everyone in the loop
- New product solicitation
- Analyze sales trends and inventory levels in an effort to project future sales and manage production and inventory volume
- Manage the team shared drive to ensure all assets are uploaded and organized
- Drive product roadmap and goals for Mass Appeal Records key products, and manage all inventory and sales data both domestic and international.
- Interact with customers to gather feedback and validate future product ideas while strongly representing Mass Appeal.
- Constantly improving usability, reliability and operational efficiency by continually monitoring KPIs and finding opportunities to increase engagement and reduce friction across your product.
- Evaluate potential new vendors to ensure proper manufacturing processes and efficiencies are in place.
- College Degree in a related field; one year of relevant career experience may be substituted for each year of college.
- At least five (5) years of prior label experience as a Production Manager, or equivalent relevant experience
- At least five (5) years of music industry experience
- Prior A&R operations experience required
- Strong experience with Excel—understanding of metadata and publishing
- Strong client relation, customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal, including a strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; understanding of audio software preferred