Mahogany is a multifaceted music company with a decade-long reputation for exceptional curation, content and events.
Mahogany’s platforms and our award winning partnership campaigns deliver audience and impact through content and curation, delivering quality and value for talent, brands, record labels and music fans.
We are looking for a dynamic person to join our growing Partnerships division, working across new and existing brand and music clients. This role would suit someone from a music industry and/or creative media agency background with sales experience. We are looking for someone with a proven ability to pitch creative opportunities to brands and artist teams, with genuine passion, knowledge and conviction. Applicants will need to demonstrate a solid understanding of the music industry and its workings and be excited to meet the teams and partners that drive success for new and emerging artists in the UK and across key selected International markets.
You won’t be afraid of New Business and are confident picking up the phone to anyone, attending events, networking and forging meaningful relationships with new partners. You will be personable, presentable and professional at all times, with the drive and belief to effectively represent and promote the creative production teams you represent in this role.
- Develop, maintain and expand business relations with partners (labels, publishers and brands) with a particular focus on providing exceptional service, advice and support.
- Build, maintain and close significant new business pipeline, working with new and existing partners.
- Identify relevant opportunities to partner with external organisations to collaborate with on client projects
- Report progress, feedback, problems and opportunities to line manager on a regular basis and in line with approved processes.
- Communicate regularly with clients, ensuring they are kept engaged and informed about market opportunities and developments, as we continue to expand.
- Grow new business alongside day-to-day management of client accounts.
- Proven understanding of the music industry and its workings.
- Sales experience, ideally pitching talent-led creative media activations. (perhaps remove media as we’re pitching for a range of activity)
- 2+ Years of Business Development and Account Management success is a must.
- Track record for success in planning, pitching and leading creative campaign activations.
- Working knowledge of video production terminology and process is preferred.
- Experience managing events is a bonus.
- You will be a proven self-starter with track record delivering content-first creative partnerships. (maybe change to “with a track record in delivering”)
- You are recognised for your work with artists, brands, labels and/or publishers.
- Network of relationships in music, media and brand/agency communities.
- Ability to create and adapt professional Keynote/Powerpoint presentations.
- Charming energetic personality, inclusive of having dynamic verbal and written communication.
- You have a genuine passion for new music.
- You can appreciate and pitch high quality content.
- You are focussed and meticulous at building and managing short and long term pipelines.
- You are comfortable presenting, both remotely and during meetings.
- You have a good understanding of media and campaign management.
- You are plugged into contemporary culture and up to date with trends across music, arts and wider culture
- You have a strong grasp of the workflows of marketing departments within brand teams
- You are up to date with relevant campaigns from brands, agencies and media channels
- You have a creative streak and are proactive in devising creative concepts for projects
- You have a personable nature and are able to adjust to the needs and wants of clients
- You’re comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders to deliver proposals
- You understand the nuances of IP and the ecosystem of content monetization.
- You listen to clients’ goals and always respond with succinct, appropriate, researched proposals.
- You enjoy exceeding targets and are excited about the opportunity to earn an uncapped bonus.
- You are good with numbers.
- You are a proficient user of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop to a reasonable standard is welcomed but not essential.
- If this sounds like you, please send your CV/Portfolio and covering letter to [email protected]
DIVERSITY at MAHOGANY
MAHOGANY is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, long-term unemployment or any other characteristic protected by law.