Magus Entertainment is looking for a Junior Artist Manager to join their New York City office. (Full-Time)
Assist in the day-to-day management of a number of artists on the roster that range from high profile to up-and-coming.
- Assist with the day-to-day management of bands and individual members’ projects, as needed.
- Manage artist calendars and schedules, which includes:
- Scheduling and coordination of press interviews, communicating closely with both the artists and the publicists, and keeping track of when press interviews run.
- Building and distributing artist day sheets for promo activities. This involves coordinating logistics such as booking transport, working schedules, arranging hair and makeup, etc…
- Updating artists’ online calendars regularly and distributing to the wider team.
- Update and organize approved artists’ materials (i.e. photos, videos, music & lyrics, artwork, etc…) so the wider team can easily access them.
- Monitor and facilitate any issues with artists’ YouTube channels to ensure proper use of the band’s copyright (on both UGC and the band’s official channels)
- Assist in the process of sync and licensing approvals as requests come in for each artist by making recommendations based on data gathered, and following through on approvals with publishers and / or sync teams.
- Direct inquiries from third parties to the correct individuals on the artists’ team (i.e. manager, label, publisher, digital marketing rep, etc…)
- Register songs correctly with publisher, PROs, etc… and monitor artists’ catalogue on PROs, neighboring rights societies, publishers/labels to make sure that the catalogue for each is accurate and comprehensive.
- Monitor royalty payments through various income streams to ensure artist is being paid properly.
- Compile and submit recording journals for releases.
- Tasks for the band on an ad hoc basis e.g. shipping things to them, responding to invitations, guest list requests
- Upkeep of one artist’s website, built with Wix – Mainly keeping it updated with new content, redesigns for new releases and sending newsletters with Mailchimp.
- Assist with one artist’s podcast , including:
- Managing uploads and distribution
- Designing graphics, motion typography and audiograms for web when new episodes are released.
- Uploading each new episode to YouTube.
- Keeping track of and recording analytics/download numbers for each episode to present to artists on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and schedule virtual live performances and events
- Assist artists with posts on their social media, as needed.
- The ideal candidate is a creatively-minded individual who can navigate and prioritize a broad-ranging list of daily tasks with ease. Someone who is comfortable with a high level of administrative work, as well as the ability to interface with high level artists with confidence.
- A very strong communicator – both verbal and written.
- Meticulously organized.
- Someone who has a genuine passion for music, the music business and popular culture.
- 1-2 years music industry experience preferred.
- Video editing and Photoshop/graphic design skills are a bonus but not required.
For consideration, please email us your resume with a short note expressing the reason(s) for your interest in this position, and use “Junior Manager Position” plus your full name in the subject line of the email.
Commensurate with experience. Plus health insurance, profit-related bonus and increased PTO with time.