With a core emphasis on jazz and soul/R&B, Mack Avenue Music Group is an independent label that boasts a diverse roster of musical innovators such as Christian McBride, Cecile McLorin Salvant, Macy Gray, Billy Childs, Tower of Power, Kirk Whalum, Jeffrey Osborne, Alfredo Rodriguez, Joey DeFrancesco, Chucho Valdes, Cyrille Aimee, The Soul Rebels, Jonathan Butler, Kenny Garrett, Stanley Clarke, Tia Fuller, Christian Sands, The Yellowjackets and many others.
We are seeking a Controller to work from our Los Angeles office.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively lead the financial reporting and accounting process for Mack Avenue, including monthly and annual closing, reporting, AR, AP, creation and maintenance of financial policies, and internal controls.
- Lead the monthly and annual closing process and prepare/review the monthly GAAP financial statements for management
- Oversee the artist and mechanical royalty team and process
- Maintain and improve existing accounting processes and policies
- Analyze financials for accuracy and variance
- Manage accounting functions including GL, AP, AR and reconciliations
- Prepare tax documents and act as liaison to CPA
- Provide support and financial leadership for management, as needed
- Lead small but mighty accounting staff
- Must be a trustworthy, communicative and dependable team leader with integrity and a strong work ethic
- Possess strong accounting, reporting and analytical skills
- Have general proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years music or related industry experience; familiarity with the royalty process necessary
- Must supply 3 professional references
- Observe Mack Avenue’s organizational values and guiding statements
Competitive salary and benefits. Learn more about us at www.mackavenue.com.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.