Mack Avenue Music Group is a critically acclaimed record company with offices in Los Angeles and Detroit.
With a core emphasis on jazz and soul/R&B, Mack Avenue boasts a diverse roster of musical innovators such as Christian McBride, Cecile McLorin Salvant, Macy Gray, Billy Childs, Kirk Whalum, Julian Lage, Jeffrey Osborne, Alfredo Rodriguez, Joey Defrancesco, Chucho Valdez, Cyrille Aimee Jonathan Butler, Kenny Garrett, Stanley Clark, Tia Fuller, Christian Sands, The Yellowjackets and many others.
We are expanding our marketing team and are looking for a Vice President of Strategic Marketing.
Mack Avenue Music Group is seeking a VP of Strategic Marketing based in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating and executing distinct consumer-facing marketing campaigns that create meaningful exposure and drive demand. We are seeking a leader with effective team skills who can inspire others and is passionate about music.
- The VP for Strategic Marketing is responsible for overall messaging, marketing, and branding activity.
- Working closely with internal partners, artists, managers, distributors, and other stakeholders, this individual will plan, develop and lead the execution of innovative campaigns and communications that engage target audiences and help Mack Avenue reach its annual revenue goals.
- The VP will also establish the creative tone and visual aesthetic for Mack Avenue that will then be translated across all new release and catalog products, content and media.
- Develop marketing and promotion strategies for new releases and catalog consistent with financial and creative goals
- Identify, create and strengthen marketing partnerships/collaborations
- Evaluate, negotiate and oversee outside marketing services
- Direct visual creative as needed including album graphics, advertising, videos and social media content
- Guide digital communication and marketing for all projects/genres including social media, email communications and website
- Identify trends and opportunities through research and data analysis
- Be accountable for marketing department budget, line-item expenses and marketing ROI
- Collaborate with Streaming, Sales, International, Licensing, A&R and Production departments as needed
- Provide leadership for the marketing team, inspiring and empowering marketing staff
- Must be a trustworthy, dependable team leader with integrity and a strong work ethic
- 5 + years of senior level marketing and leadership experience in the music industry with a clear understanding of best practices and existing business relationships
- Ability to create actionable marketing plans based on research and available data while also crafting meaningful narratives that connect with target audiences
- The ability to define goals, measure results and manage budgets
- Analysis-driven decision-making skills
- Deep understanding of relevant digital platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- An entrepreneurial, proactive mindset
- Knowledge of the Mack Avenue roster and R&B/Soul and jazz genres
- A good communicator with superb writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree with Excel/Microsoft Office familiarity and skills
- Ability to travel
- Observe Mack Avenue’s organizational values and guiding statements
- Be infinitely curious
Competitive salary and benefits. Learn more about us at www.mackavenue.com.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.