Mack Avenue Music Group is a critically acclaimed record company with offices in Los Angeles and Detroit.
With a core emphasis on jazz and soul/R&B, Mack Avenue boasts a diverse roster of musical innovators such as Christian McBride, Cecile McLorin Salvant, Macy Gray, Billy Childs, Kirk Whalum, The Soul Rebels, Julian Lage, Jeffrey Osborne, Alfredo Rodriguez, Joey DeFrancesco, Chucho Valdez, Cyrille Aimee, Jonathan Butler, Kenny Garrett, Stanley Clark, Tia Fuller, Christian Sands, The Yellowjackets and many others.
Mack Avenue Music Group is seeking a passionate and skilled music marketer, to be based in our Los Angeles office. The Product Manager is responsible for the timely creation and execution of marketing plans that align with the overall vision and strategy for assigned releases, maximizing sales and exposure; reflective of strategic goals, release-specific objectives and financial guidelines. And most importantly, to ensure the consistency of messaging and imaging between the artist and their music.
The Product Manager is the central point of contact responsible for planning and executing creative marketing initiatives across our roster of artist projects. This includes building concise marketing plans and budgets to achieve the goals that help drive the artist’s vision & brand, all while managing resources responsibly and ensuring that all departments have the tools and information they need to keep both the artist and the company aligned with one consistent voice. This position will interact with all label departments, artists, artist management and executives of the company.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage creative goal-oriented marketing plans with accompanying budgets.
- Act as the primary liaison between the artist/management and the label in all marketing related issues.
- Must have experience in all areas of digital marketing, social media, advertising, video, etc.
- Contribute both creatively and editorially to Mack Avenue owned media: website, socials and newsletter.
- Create and maintain content calendar for assigned artists with proper understanding of audience.
- Support the Commerce department to maximize relationships with key partners such as: Amazon, Apple, Deezer, Facebook, Instagram, Pandora, Spotify, Twitter and YouTube.
- Success in developing Direct-to-Consumer campaigns and targeted products including physical, merchandise, collectibles, bundles, etc.
- Maximize the use of research and insights to create custom presentations and pitches to prospective strategic partners for our artists and projects.
- Create, negotiate and manage relationships with key brand partners and agencies.
- Leverage data and insights to inform strategy across physical, digital and social channels.
- Conduct “post-mortem” analysis on marketing activations to draw conclusions and refine future initiatives.
- Support International department to ensure marketing plans and project needs are met and executed on a global basis.
- Liaison with Creative Services to ensure all deadlines are met. Initiate creation of materials, select and approve visual imagery, marketing tools and promotional product.
- Minimum 2- 3 years of marketing experience in the music/entertainment industry.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced, high volume environment focused on both internal and external selling of ideas and concepts.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with key executives, including artists and artist managers.
- Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline. Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional writing, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Creative, resourceful, proactive, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven Project/Budget Management Skills.
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Apple (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) to create and manage multiple artist schedules, plans and budgets.
- 4 year undergraduate degree
Competitive salary and benefits. Learn more about us at www.mackavenue.com.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.