Mack Avenue Music Group boasts a diverse roster of musical innovators such as Christian McBride, Cecile McLorin Salvant, Macy Gray, Billy Childs, Kirk Whalum, Alfredo Rodriguez, Joey DeFrancesco, Chucho Valdes, Cyrille Aimee, The Soul Rebels, Jonathan Butler, Kenny Garrett, Stanley Clarke, Tia Fuller, Christian Sands, The Yellowjackets and many others.
We are seeking an experienced Controller to work from our Los Angeles office.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively lead the financial reporting and accounting process for Mack Avenue, including monthly and annual closing, reporting, AR/AP, creation and maintenance of financial policies, and internal controls.
- Lead the monthly and annual closing process and prepare/review the monthly GAAP financial statements for management
- Maintain and improve existing accounting processes and policies
- strengthen internal controls, expense management and inventory management
- Analyze financials and customer statements for accuracy and variance, and make recommendations to management
- Manage accounting functions including GL, AP, AR and reconciliations
- Prepare tax documents and act as liaison to CPA
- Engage and direct financial software company, as needed
- Provide support and financial leadership for other departments, as needed
- Lead small but mighty accounting staff
- Oversee the artist and mechanical royalty team and process
- Must be a trustworthy, communicative and dependable team leader with integrity and a strong work ethic
- Strong accounting, reporting, analytical and costing skills
- General proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years music or related industry accounting experience a must; experience generating royalty reports necessary
- Must supply 3 professional references
- Observe Mack Avenue’s organizational values and guiding statements
Competitive salary and benefits. Learn more about us at www.mackavenue.com.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.