LSO Live is a leading independent label and media division of the London Symphony Orchestra.
As the resident orchestra of the Barbican Centre, the LSO presents some 70 concerts there each year, performing the highest quality music from the core symphonic repertoire, as well as music by living or lesser known composers. Other concert engagements in the UK provide additional opportunities for the Orchestra to be heard nationally whilst the Orchestra’s major international touring programme brings the LSO to a global audience, particularly through annual residencies in New York and Paris and regular visits to Japan, China, the USA and Europe.
The LSO’s activities also include an inspirational and pioneering education and community programme, LSO Discovery, and a Grammy Award-winning record label, LSO Live, which enables the Orchestra’s music to be heard by a global audience through digital recordings.
The LSO is looking for a confident, collaborative and creative Marketing and Partnerships Manager with an acute eye for detail to join the LSO Live team, working with wider colleagues across the organisation, and with our international label and distribution partners.
You will be working across marketing, PR and commercial development of the LSO’s record label catalogue, as well as those of our partner labels, the Mariinsky; King’s College, Cambridge; Colin Currie Records; National Symphony Orchestra, Washington DC and The Cleveland Orchestra.
- Development and implementation of the labels’ marketing strategy in conjunction with the Head of LSO Live and equivalent positions at partner labels.
- Development and implementation of individual marketing campaigns for releases on LSO Live and partner labels.
- Overseeing the filming of promotional content for releases on LSO Live and advising partner labels on their own promotional activities.
- Management of social media campaigns for releases on LSO Live and partner labels in conjunction with the LSO’s Senior Marketing Manager (Digital) and equivalent positions at partner labels.
- Pitching of new releases to DSPs.
- Management of artist profiles and playlist catalogues across streaming services.
- Management and development of all aspects of the LSO Live, Mariinsky and Colin Currie Records ecommerce stores, including creation of all marketing assets.
- Management of LSO Live-related content on the LSO website, as well as advising partner labels on their websites.
- Management of external release schedule and submission of new releases to distribution network in conjunction with Production Manager.
- Creation of trade marketing materials.
- Development and implementation of labels’ PR strategy in conjunction with the Head of LSO Live and equivalent positions at partner labels.
- Creation and distribution of press releases and promos.
- Pitching and securing international press coverage and radio play for new releases.
- Management of advertising budget.
- Creation of all print and digital advertising.
- Advising partner labels on their own advertising activities.
- Devising and coordinating retail campaigns in conjunction with LSO Live team and distribution partners.
- Assisting the Head of LSO Live to manage relationships and communications with partner labels.
- Assisting the Head of LSO Live and Production Manager to manage relationships with distribution and retail partners.
- Assisting the Head of LSO Live to manage relationships with digital music services.
- Bringing new label partners on board as required.
- Take an active role in the LSO Live team and the whole outlook of the department’s work.
- Manage graduate placement / intern role as required.
- Be part of the concert duty rota with the rest of the team.
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Extensive work experience in music and digital content
- Outstanding written, oral communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience working on multiple projects
- Extensive experience working directly with classical artists and their teams
- BS/BA degree
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Salary £30,000 per annum.
- Normal working hours: 9:30-18:00, Monday-Friday, plus evening and weekend work as required for which overtime is not paid
- Notice period: three months.
- Probationary period: six months.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Interest-free loan for a season travel ticket.
- Subsidised catering facilities provided by the Barbican Centre.
Membership of company pension scheme as follows:
In line with auto-enrolment regulations during first year of service.
- 5% employer contributions and 2% employee contributions after 1 year’s employment.
- Non-contributory private healthcare scheme.*
- Company income protection insurance.*
- Cycle to work scheme.
* after completion of one year’s employment
The LSO’s offices are based at the Barbican Centre, London and a number of projects also take place at LSO St Luke’s on Old Street.
As an equal opportunities employer, the LSO is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join the LSO.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete the application form and equal opportunities form online by following the link provided at www.lso.co.uk/orchestra/jobs.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Becky Lees, Head of LSO Live – [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 12:00pm on Monday 19th July 2021. In-person interviews will be held on Tuesday 27 July 2021. COVID safety measures will be in place, including a requirement for all candidates to undertake a lateral flow test on the morning of the interview.
If you do not live or work in Greater London, the LSO will make a contribution towards travel expenses incurred in attending interviews only if agreed in advance. Interviews may be conducted by telephone, Zoom or MS Teams. If you are invited for an interview and would like to claim travel expenses, please mention this when your interview is being arranged.
Please note that a request to claim travel expenses will not affect decisions about whether or not to invite you to an interview.