The Because Group has acquired Warner Music 90, which encompasses the majority of the catalogue formerly known as London Records, from Warner Music Group.
Warner Music 90, which will be renamed London Music Stream, is home to the majority of former London Records artists, including Bananarama, Happy Mondays, Fine Young Cannibals, Orbital, Jimmy Somerville, Bronski Beat, East 17, Goldie, Shakespears Sister and over 50 other important catalogues.
You will be responsible for managing artist campaigns within the London Records catalogue roster. You will be the primary liaison between all departments and teams involved in London Records artist and catalogue campaigns.
MAIN ROLES INCLUDE:
Marketing / promo:
- Explore and identify opportunities in the marketplace to exploit all London Records back catalogue such as anniversaries, reunion tours, re mastering, new material, any other cultural events (documentaries etc) and promo opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to revitalise the catalogue in a digitally led landscape including streaming and playlisting strategies with DSP partners and the creation of original content.
- Developing and maintaining artist’s online presence via social media where appropriate.
- Manage all third-party promotions companies and to ensure the smooth running of all artist projects including promotional and press activity across radio, TV, print and online.
- Updating creative assets for new releases – current press pictures, remixes, biographies, videos, websites and online platforms.
- Ensure all key promotional dates are met, as per the marketing plan for each release.
- Maintain and develop strong professional relationships with external promotion and digital and physical retail teams.
- Maintain good communication with artist management, tour agents, artists and repertoire owners.
- Prepare and distribute campaign reports ensuring that all promotions, sales and marketing updates are sent out accurately and on time.
- Understand and work within set budgets.
- Research and identify key assets held in the archive for exploitation.
- Identify opportunities and develop creative strategies for reissuing products
- Coordinate and ensure all production deadlines for physical and digital releases from initiation to delivery are met
- Oversea procurement of assets for release
- Prepare sales information, marketing plans, press releases and general information for internal and external teams
- Call and chair project / artists meetings where necessary
YOU MUST HAVE/BE THE FOLLOWING:
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge and interest of 80’s and 90’s music and culture.
- Excellent knowledge of the current music market landscape and trends.
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of catalogue releases and campaigns.
- A keen and creative interest in digital technologies and digital marketing opportunities.
- The ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- A friendly nature and good interpersonal skills.
- A passionate, diligent self-starter.
- A genuine passion to work in the music industry.
- Good knowledge of third party promo teams, applicable to release campaigns on case by case basis.
- Good knowledge of relevant press targets and key media to pitch projects and media placement.
- Good understanding of the independent music sector.
The position is based in London with travel opportunities, salary dependent on experience.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the nature of our business we will only reply to those candidates who we feel have the relevant experience for this role.