Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Merch Traffic is a branding and merchandise company founded in 2016. After years of success in the merchandise world, the team at Merch Traffic came together with a guiding principle to focus on meaningful partnerships with exceptional artists.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on.
- Provide legal and practical guidance to merchandise business teams in relation to all aspects of the development, manufacture, distribution, promotion, and sale of Artist-branded merchandise
- Negotiate and draft a broad range of commercial agreements related to intellectual property licensing and procurement and the development, manufacture, distribution, promotion, and sale of Artist-branded merchandise
- Draft various documents (e.g., NDAs, POAs, Customs Clearance Letters, etc.) in support of the international distribution and import/export of Artist-branded merchandise
- Manage and track contract, document, and creative asset lifecycles
- Manage global intellectual property enforcement / anti-counterfeiting program, including working with outside counsel on targeted litigation, drafting cease and desist letters, DMCA complaints, and other IP-based takedowns
- Manage third-party disputes and litigation matters, and negotiate resolutions for the same
- Manage communication with internal legal teams, artist representatives, and outside counsel
- Review creative content and marketing materials for compliance with third-party rights and approvals, intellectual property laws, and applicable regulations
- Support business and creative teams on content clearance with a primary focus on trademark, copyright, and right of publicity concerns, the procurement of creative assets, and development and launch of new products
- Partner and network with LNE internal attorney team
- Serve as point-of-contact for global privacy team to assure compliance with data protection and privacy obligations
- Generally problem-solve any other issues related to the business affairs of the Merchandise Division
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- J.D. and membership in the New York Bar in good standing, or eligible to register as in-house counsel with the NY Bar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good business judgment and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Ideal candidate has handled a variety of types of music/entertainment related legal transactions or other commercial transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – ability to interface with all levels of the organization and outside counsel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing environment.
- Some prior in-house experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task in a highly demanding, deadline-driven environment with strong follow-up.
- Ability to learn quickly, and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in interacting and communicating with all levels of business operations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.