LITTLE UNDERGROUND A&R SCOUT
Little Underground is a boutique producer management company. Our clients have spawned a multitude of Grammy nominations, received several platinum and gold selling records and worked on boundless critically acclaimed albums. We have worked with artists ranging from David Bowie to Panic! At The Disco, A Tribe Called Quest to Weezer, Soccer Mommy to Japanese Breakfast, ASAP Rocky to Jean Dawson.
Little Underground is a small team, working remotely. The founder is based in New York, with clients in London, NYC and L.A.
As an A&R scout, you will work closely with the company founder to identify and evaluate promising musical talent for our producers to work with, be that artists or other producers and writers. The role provides a unique opportunity to gain practical music industry experience, develop your A&R skills, enhance your industry contacts, and contribute to the success of our producer roster. You will assist in scouting new talent, attending live performances, building relationships with other A&R’s at record labels and publishing companies, and assisting with the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Scout for new and emerging artists through online research, attending live performances, reviewing demo submissions and networking with labels, publishers and managers.
- Participate in talent evaluation by reviewing and providing constructive feedback on artist demos, songwriting and production quality
- Conduct market research to identify trends, target audiences, and potential growth opportunities for our clients
- Collaborate with the company founder to organize writing and production sessions
- Support with administrative tasks such as scheduling sessions, meetings etc
- Stay up-to-date with industry news, artist movements and emerging genres to provide valuable insights to the team
- Foster relationships with artists, managers, producers, record labels, publishers and other industry professionals to expand your network and gain industry insights.
- Passion for music and a good understanding of various genres and subcultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with music production and recording processes is a plus.
- Proficiency in using digital music platforms, social media and industry tools.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Duration and Compensation
Role begins as early as October 2023 for an initial 1-month period, which will then be reviewed and extended to 6 months in the immediate. Anticipated 2-4 hours per week. Compensation is $500/ month. Once proven, option for incentives/ bonuses.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you’d like to work at Little Underground. Include “Little Underground A&R Scout Application” in the subject line of your email. Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.