Little Assembly is looking for a switched on, creative, musical, hyper relational and organised sales and licensing person to boldly bring its artists to new and existing clients on the West Coast of the USA.
Little Assembly is a new venture from the long established, British music brand, West One Music Group Inc., which connects professional music users to new and unsigned musical talent.
You will be part of creating a ‘halo’ effect in the world of our clients – being a Little Assembly advocate means promoting goodwill, mutual success, respect for artists, excellence, compassion, respect and goodness in all interactions.
In this role you’ll be constantly in the field, spreading the word and actively promoting Little Assembly artists on a daily basis – through face to face meetings, phone calls, emails and marketing / promotional contact points. You will be responsible for bringing Little Assembly to the attention of new clients and creating all the conditions for them to use the music created by our curated and much loved artists.
Your mission is to develop new relationships in Advertising Agencies, Direct-to-Brand and Production Houses – building the reputation of Little Assembly as immediately available and fully cleared commercial tracks by up and coming artists. You will secure face to face meetings in this area and ensure you utilize our CRM system to track progress and ensure ease of licensing / usage and payment for music.
You’ll be driving the need for marketing collateral and any events – you’ll be the one who knows our clients best – playing your part in organizing these initiatives and creatively partnering with our marketing department to bring these ideas to life.
Skills, Qualities and Experience Required:
- Creative background in music and an ability to talk about and reference music
- Ability to prospect and research potential clients and music users
- Capacity to generate ideas, leads and initiatives
- A love of advertising, TV, media, music and film
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Enlivened by new business creation
- A real people’s person
- Great at presenting and holding a room of people in full attention
- Sales experience on the phone and in person
- Tenacity, dedication and a strong wish to succeed
- Administratively committed to systems and data collection
- All office packages: word, excel, power point etc.
- Good experience of being in an office and part of a team
- Happy to deal with complexity and relationship
- Transparent, honest, committed and open to relationship
- A willingness to be on the road, to travel and plan well
- An understanding of music licensing and how music rights work
- Happy to entertain clients and maintain healthy relationships in and outside of the office
- Already part of music, film, advertising, media and TV communities – following music blogs, understanding what’s new and emerging in the local talent community
If you feel excited and invited by this description of what this role is and all it entails, please email Lizzie Winn at firstname.lastname@example.org with a small JPG picture of yourself and a 300 word cover email of motivation as to why you’d like to apply for the role of Creative Licensing Manager along with a fully up to date CV attached.
We will not consider applications where applicants do not follow these instructions. Please remember that your application is the first way we get to see how good at creating relationship you are – how well you present yourself and how this will translate into how you will be able to approach our clients by email.
It’s likely that we’ll have many hundreds of applications and we regret that we are not able to reply to unsuccessful candidates.