Title: Press Manager (US)
Annual Leave: 15 days PTO
Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm (Monday – Friday)
Location: Remote working / Office TBC
Start date: Immediate start date
A BIT ABOUT US:
Established in 2009 Listen Up offer a tailored range of bespoke radio, club, streaming, online and print promotion campaigns globally through our LA and London offices. In 2014 after recognizing a gap in the market we moved our services state side and opened an additional arm of the business in LA. Working across a wide range of genres including electronic, hip hop, r&b, pop and alternative, we place our clients directly in the spotlight with the experience and knowhow to oversee thoughtful, effective and engaging press campaigns. With a client roster boasting the likes of Burna Boy, Doja Cat, Black Coffee, Gallant, MK and more, Listen Up are now recognized as one of the market leaders in the world of music promotion services. We have grown massively over the last 10 years with offices in both the UK and US, and 3 companies working under our Listen Up umbrella.
WHERE YOU STEP IN:
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, well organized individual to join the Press team. You will be based in our fantastic Sunset Blvd offices with the added bonus of free parking! You must have 1-2 years’ experience working within a similar environment with a keen interest in electronic music. If you are looking for a hands on role that gives you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of music PR, we could be what you are looking for.
- 1-2 years’ experience within a similar environment
- A proven track record of working within a similar industry
- Up to date knowledge of Electronic music and trends
- Strong existing relationships with music journalists and contacts
- Can hit the ground running with the roster given
- A well-organized individual with the ability to prioritize workload and juggle a variety of different tasks
- Keen interest in rising through the ranks within the company
- Proven well written press releases
- Confidence in pitching for new business
- Exceptional Management skills
- Positive attitude and brings solutions to problems
- Must be able to work well under pressure within a fast paced environment, dealing with Directors & colleagues both in the US and UK
- Adaptable to different methods of working
- A real team player – lending a hand to ensure deadlines are met
KEY FOCUS AREAS OF THE ROLE:
- Develop campaign strategies for client releases
- Develop strong media relationships with journalists in the industry
- Effectively manage relationships with key print and online journalists
- Build relationships with clients
- Attend regular planning meets with record labels
- Attend regular both new and existing client meets
- Complete post campaign analysis and results review including key findings and recommendations for future change
- Develop strong relationships and rapport with artists and management teams
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
We have an open and honest culture within our business, value and listen to our staff whilst maintaining a fun working environment, encourage new ideas and offer career progression. Our staff events are legendary and you will be joining our well established team where you will be given genuine care and support from your colleagues and Directors.
Benefits – we offer 15 days PTO, free parking and health contribution after 90 days’ continuous service.
Listen Up is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.