Title: Press Manager
Salary: Based on experience
Annual Leave: 20 days per year + 8 bank holidays
Hours: 10.00am – 6.00pm (Monday – Friday)
Location: Camden, London, NW1
A bit about us: –
Established in 2009 Listen Up offer a tailored range of bespoke radio, club, streaming, online and print promotion campaigns globally through our LA and London offices. In 2014 after recognising a gap in the market we moved our services stateside and opened an additional arm of the business in LA. Working across a wide range of genres including electronic, hip hop, r&b, pop and alternative, we place our clients directly in the spotlight with the experience and knowhow to oversee thoughtful, effective and engaging campaigns. With a client roster boasting the likes of Doja Cat, MK, Black Coffee, Becky Hill, Ivorian Doll, The Martinez Brothers, Jamie Jones and more, Listen Up are now recognised as one of the market leaders in the world of music promotion services. We have grown massively over the last 10 years with offices in both the UK and US, and 3 companies working under our Listen Up umbrella.
Where you step in: –
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Press Manager with a passion for music and industry relevant experience to join our rapidly growing team.
A Press Manager will have their own roster of artists / events to handle and are encouraged to nurture relationships with both company clients and the wider industry.
The skills you will bring:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills across all levels
- Keeps up to date with contemporary trends and news within music, media and entertainment
- Existing relationships with music journalists
- Ability to develop campaign strategies for client releases
- Great relationship building skills – get to know the artists and management in a friendly but professional way, as well as press
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and juggle a variety of different tasks
The key focus areas of this role are:
- Develop campaign strategies for client releases with help from senior staff
- Develop strong relationships with print and online journalists
- Deliver successful press campaigns for clients
- Build relationships with clients
- Attend both new and existing client meets with senior members of staff
What to expect from us:
You will be based in our offices within the vibrant heart of Camden, a few minutes’ walk from excellent transport links with the added delights of the world famous market.
We value and listen to our staff whilst maintaining a fun collaborative environment, encourage new ideas and offer career progression. Our staff events are legendary and you will be joining our well established team where you will be given genuine care and support from your colleagues and Directors.
*Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications but thank you for your interest in working with us, please keep an eye out on our website for any future opportunities.
*Listen Up is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
*We will process your data in accordance to relevant Data Protection Laws.
If you are interested in working with us, please apply by emailing a cover letter outlining how you reach our essential requirements along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org