Lickd is a digital platform helping YouTube content Creators legally use the music they love. We provide chart/commercial music from record labels for licensing into YouTube videos, without the fear of a creator losing their ad revenue to a copyright claim.
We have secured deals with many of the world’s leading music rights owners and we are rapidly building a reputation as a game changing service for social video creators.
(Lickd are able to accommodate some flexibility on remote working)
As Music Operations Assistant, you are a key part of the music team. The role reaches a wide variety of areas such as working with our rightsholder partners (Major & Independent Labels and Distributors), resolving music related issues for our YouTube Creators, keeping our catalogue updated internally as well as in the YouTube CMS and reviewing our YouTube Creator videos.
You will have a confident outlook and personality, working together with other teams and departments in the company in an effort to ensure smooth running of the ongoing operations in the music team.
Somebody with experience in the digital landscape of the music industry, who can work independently and is a proactive go-getter is desirable. We want a person with a passion for music, who also enjoys the technical side of all things digital. The right candidate for this role will be, above all, resourceful.
- Manage copyright claims and work with creators and rightsholder partners to resolve issues
- Liaise with rightsholder partners to facilitate content deliveries and data updates
- Day-to-Day management of media assets on YouTube’s Content ID and other platform rights management systems
- Resolve Content ID disputes and ownership conflicts
- Review creator videos and manage violation follow-ups
- Work with Labels & Distributors in keeping their catalogues and YouTube settings updated
- Use PRO databases to detail publishing shares worldwide
- Assist the music team with ad-hoc requests
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in an operational, digital or supply chain role within the Music Industry
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of YouTube’s Content ID ecosystem
- Good understanding of music copyright framework
- Customer service and/or partner relationship management experience
- General knowledge of the digital landscape in media and entertainment
- Keen interest in the Music industry as a whole and the YouTube Creator culture and ecosystem
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Enjoys troubleshooting and finding solutions
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Completed YouTube certification badge(s)
- Experience with music content supply chain (DDEX, SFTP servers, AWS/S3)