Lickd is a digital platform helping YouTube content creators legally use the music they love. We provide commercial music from real labels for licensing in YouTube videos without the fear of a Creator losing their ad revenue to a Copyright Claim.
Head of Music
£50,000 per annum
As Head of Music, they’ll lead the music team, managing and overseeing department processes and tasks.
They will have a confident outlook and personality, working together with other teams and departments in the company to lead the effort in ingesting, managing, and merchandising new catalogue to Lickd and expanding our offering to creators.
A creative attitude is very desirable and they will take pleasure in putting together audio / visual content from time to time with complete confidence and understanding of the tools required to do so. The right candidate for this role will be, above all, resourceful.
They’ll be completely comfortable researching and learning something new on their own, and possess a good working knowledge of the music industry and working with audio / music in a technical and operational capacity.
They’ll also have an accomplished ear for music in general, regularly keeping up to date with trends, releases and the latest happenings, and sonically be confident identifying genre’s, moods and themes across a growing and varied catalogue.
- Deliver on quarterly content ingestion targets as agreed with the CEO
- Liaise with rightsholder partners (labels, publishers, distributors and artists) to facilitate and manage content deliveries and updates.
- Oversee the Lickd catalogue and ingestion process – including catalogue deliveries, metadata ingestion, spreadsheets to be ingested into the Lickd system and reports.
- Opportunity to ‘Own’ the Lickd playlisting, curation and Merchandising strategy, working alongside marketing and rightsholder teams.
- Manage day-to-day administration of media assets on YouTube’s Content ID and other platform rights management systems.
- Manage the approval process for videos to be published to YouTube making sure they conform to label agreements.
- Oversee royalty reporting and delivery to partners.
- When required presenting the Lickd platform to new rightsholder partners, managing the process from initial contact to content delivery and beyond.
- Concept, create and update visual media content for internal and external use.
Required General Experience
- At least 5-7 years experience in an operational or production role within the Music / Media / Creative industry or Social Video Platforms.
- Keen interest in the Music Industry as a whole, and a good understanding of the YouTube Creator / Influencer Ecosystem.
- Approachable, courteous, decisive. A strong work ethic and a desire to pitch in across multiple departments within the business.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment.
Required Technical Experience
- Demonstrative experience / Understanding of YouTube’s Content ID ecosystem
- Excellent understanding and confidence in using a creative MacOS based workstation, including self-maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Strong working knowledge and confidence using major software suites including:
- Adobe CC (spec: Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
- DAW hosts, including Ableton live, Logic
- Some Experience with Final Cut Pro
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Complete understanding of common audio and video formats and standards, with good experience processing media of different types, and editing, arranging and encoding/transcoding audio and video.
- Confidence using and managing IT systems in general, in particular FTP servers, AWS / S3, and other online / cloud based storage media.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Some experience of studio based work or projects, including audio post-production, mixing, song-writing, Music Supervision etc.
- Completed YouTube certification badge(s).
- A background in music, for example, Dj’ing, Instrument playing, Song-writing etc