PUBLICIST – GLOBAL PRESS ASSOCIATE
This is a remote role, however the successful candidate will need to be able to attend meetings in either London or Brighton (when required).
Liberty Music PR’s main mission is to empower and champion independent musicians around the world, so they can be fully independent and have no need for a label.
The Role: The publicist will run and manage 20 campaigns per month, whilst also supporting the Global Press Manager and acting as their counterpart in their absence.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, build and nurture professional relationships with artists, to ensure Liberty Music provides a bespoke service to each one.
- Manage a roster of 20 artists utilizing Liberty Music PR’s own press partners, whilst cultivating relationships with other key partners.
- Maintain strong working relationships with agencies and campaign partners to achieve agreed targets.
- Pitch for unique placements for your artists and identify opportunities for new Liberty Music PR global partnerships and publications.
- Manage Liberty Music PR’s highest profile clients, by providing a first class service which will ensure repeat business opportunities and lasting relationships.
- Provide a positive experience to all artists by ensuring frequent communication and transparency throughout the campaign.
- Work closely with the Global Press Manager on press strategies, new innovative services and processes, and service improvements.
- Develop and implement creative concepts for campaigns and retainer projects
- Support the Global Press Manager in monitoring service levels and standards.
- Support on collaborations with other departments
- Attend relevant events that will help promote artists, nurture relationships and develop the business.
- Provide a service to artists which will promote Liberty Music’s mission.
- Regularly meet with the core team and take an active role in team meetings.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Global Press Manager and leadership team.
- Support with team management duties such as monitoring freelancers, onboarding new starters, tracking of campaign progress and ensuring best practises are maintained.
- Managing and overseeing any complaints that the team may have, ensuring positive outcomes for all.
- Support with ensuring the team boards are up to date and key information on campaigns is shared as required.
- Support the team’s effectiveness through motivation, and development such as hosting support sessions, creative sessions, webinars or similar optional support for any press team members.
- To act as support for the Global Press Manager with any campaigns/tasks as requested.
- To bring new ideas and innovations to the team.
- To undertake team huddles, 121’s and other tasks as delegated by the Global Press Manager.
The experience you will have:
- You have experience working multiple campaigns with both emerging and high profile artists with media relations to back it up
- You have strong relationships with key online publications
- You excel at artist comms. You have a clear understanding of what’s needed to secure brilliant outcomes with online media in an ever-changing landscape with creative thinking
- You are confident owning multiple campaigns either end to end or working collaboratively with a team, in a way that’s action-orientated
- You are highly self-motivated with the ability to manage campaigns to tight deadlines
- You are passionate about your work being consistently curious and looking for ways to innovate
- You are happy to work as necessary to help artists in different timezones, under flexible working hours
- You are happy to get stuck in, and you understand a comms role can handle a vast range of work
- You are comfortable hosting team activities, and supporting others where needed
The key skills required for this role:
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Creativity- can think outside the box
- Positive, self motivated nature
- Empathetic to the needs of the artists.
- Target/Results focussed
- Open, honest and transparent
- A team player
£24,000 PA – full time, permanent.
Why join us?
We are all fully remote – work from home, or your local coffee shop, wherever suits you!
We have team and company wide huddles, to ensure everyone is as involved and connected.
We provide a fun work environment, where we collaborate, support and celebrate each others successes.
We hold competitions, outings and company events.
We live and breathe our values!
COMMUNICATION – RESULTS DRIVEN – TRANSPARENCY – ACCOUNTABLE – POSITIVE AND RESILIENT – EMPATHY
Interviews will be held in London face to face.
The Head Office is Brighton, but we are all remote across the UK. Ideally, the candidate will be able to travel to Brighton/London for meeting purposes.