Lark Player is a music app focusing on providing free music service to emerging markets in LATAM and MENA, with over 40 million monthly active users globally and is rated 4.7 score by over 2 million users on Google Play.
With rather rapid development and expanding, we are looking for an experienced colleague to lead the development of partnership with recording labels, distributors and PROs in Brazil as well as the rest part of LATAM, as Content Partnership Manager which is a key role of the team. In this role you will be responsible for creating general strategy for licensing partnership jointly with HQ, identify opportunities and source the potential partners on content, lead the negotiation and agreement execution with labels, distributors and PROs, as well as liaise the day-to-day work with the labels and distributors. As working in a global team, this role should be willing to adjust working hours, within reasonable range, to liaise with colleagues from different time zones.
The location ideally should be based in Brazil or Mexico, but could be flexible depending on qualification and experience.
- Develop partnership with recording labels, distributors and PROs for music content and publishing rights licensing in Brazil, and expand to other LATAM countries in the near future.
- Lead finance & terms negotiation, contract execution with labels, distributors and PROs, source master and publishing ownership.
- Manage day-to-day execution with labels & distributors, work cross-functionally with global teams including Operations, Legal and Marketing.
- Analyze the music marketplace, create long term music strategy jointly with HQ music business team.
- 6+ years’ experience in recording labels or digital music platforms on similar role with deep understanding of the digital music licensing business, and a wide network with labels, distributors and PROs.
- Strong skill on commercial negotiation, skillful on written and oral communication in both English and Portugese. Spanish speaking is a big plus.
- Extensive knowledge of Brazil and LATAM digital music markets, including regional music companies and societies, economic structures, payment mechanisms, local talent, etc.
- Self-motivator with a desire to forge new business models and solutions within an evolving platform.
- Strong skill in business data analysis, Excel and presentation preparing, be willing to deal with deadline pressure, flexible on working hours in a reasonable range in order to collaborate with global team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.