LANDR (www.landr.com) is the cloud-based mastering platform that’s revolutionized audio production forever.
Using artificial intelligence, we give music creators around the world professional studio sound in seconds, with drag-and-drop simplicity. With offices in Montreal, Los Angeles and Berlin, LANDR is one of the fastest growing music technology companies in the world with a community of over 550,000 users across 200 countries, and more than 2 million tracks mastered.
The company has signed over 20 partnership agreements, including with Warner Music, Disney, CDBaby, TuneCore and SoundCloud. Company investors include Warner Music, music producer and rapper Nas, DJs Richie Hawtin and John Acquaviva, and Guy Laliberté from Cirque du Soleil. LANDR currently employs over 65 talented and highly motivated employees.
Role and responsibilities
As the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for creating innovative marketing strategies that will build LANDR’s brand, leading to increased awareness, revenue, market penetration, relevance and respect among the music creator and audio communities of the world. You will be in charge of a team of enthusiastic and sharp digital and creative marketing professionals and will direct our marketing efforts towards great success. Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous leadership, business judgment, communication and execution-focused skills, with proven success in data-driven, innovative digital campaigns to build rapid growth across global music markets.
We are looking for a ground-breaking leader with strategic, creative, data analytics and financial acumen as well as a strong business intellect to take LANDR to the next level. If you are an experienced marketer able to lead and drive marketing, branding, public relation and communications efforts to increase LANDR’s aggressive user awareness and adoption; and if you have a passion for music creation and cutting-edge technology, then LANDR is the right place for you!
The position is based out of LANDR’s HQ in Montreal, Canada and LANDR has offices in Los Angeles, USA and Berlin, Germany.
- An outstanding team leader who is capable of developing talent and skills of the marketing team
- An executive who understands the importance of aligning the organization internally around the brand and marketing objectives
- Experience developing marketing and brand strategy in line with the strategic vision of the company
- A visionary with a deep understanding of innovative marketing strategies and a proven track record of creating user acquisition initiatives that will drive and increase revenue and profitability
- A business leader with success in leveraging social media to grow LANDR’s brand
- A marketing leader with the vision to seek out new promotional avenues to support revenue and profitability growth
Responsibilities (and estimated percentage allocation of time for the first 12 months):
- Team leader (30%) –
- Act as an inspirational leader for a team of talented and enthusiastic managers and professionals
- Clarify role and responsibilities among the marketing team and ensure clear understand of the role and responsibilities
- Design incentives to mobilize the team and foster accountability around results and achievements
- Prepare development programs for managers and employees and support managers to become inspirational leaders
- Mobilize the marketing team to “get the plan off the page” with efficiency and flexibility – measuring results and adjusting the plan to reach aggressive goals quickly
- User acquisition (35%) – Together with the Head of Marketing
- Develop prospecting, lead generation, promotions, marketing planning, and user acquisition and revenue growth
- Pioneer and implement measurable user acquisition strategies per channel that will drive hard revenue goals and increase awareness at the country and global levels
- Partner closely with the partnership team to create a solid, integrated plan to acquire new users that reflects specific segmentation, targeting and value proposition development
- Develop a marketing plan that reaches target segments quickly and effectively
- Partner closely with the customer success team on the design, implementation and monitoring of growth experiments (activation, retention/churn, upsell)
- Brand building, PR and communications (20%) – Together with the Brand & Community Manager
- Build the brand to drive awareness and clout (Klout) so that LANDR is seen as a leader in the music technology world and is recognized for all the right reasons in each target market
- Continue to develop and strengthen LANDR’s unique and compelling voice to build brand awareness, relevance, reputation and esteem among the music and audio industries
- Ensure that the brand is strong and consistent in every marketing tactic, and that the unique LANDR story is communicated with creativity and impact
- Lead the creation/visual graphic and production of inspiring design, content and campaigns that builds the brand and drives usage of LANDR’s platform
- Rally LANDR stakeholders around the brand; ensure brand standards are maintained across all channels
- Build and leverage connections and manage the communities to ensure that influencers within the music and audio industries and demographics know and love LANDR’s work
- Develop compelling public relation and communication material and campaigns to educate potential users and the music ecosystem on the benefits of LANDR’s platform and services
- User needs and feedback and market analysis (5%) –
- Understand the value chain, steps and workflows of the music ecosystem
- Engage with, listen to and understand the needs of the different music creators
- Collaborate in market research efforts of the company to understand future trends and potential needs of music creators
- Collaborate in the segmentation as well as competitive analysis/market intelligence
- Manage the VIP users feedback and testing program to get input from music creators and LANDR users
- Pricing strategies (5%) – Design, assess and review LANDR’s optimal pricing structure for each and all services offered — locally and internationally
- Metrics and data analytics (5%) – Develop and measure key metrics around the business and leverage data and analytics to drive insights including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 10+ years of well-rounded marketing / business / management consulting experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with a focus on marketing expansion, customer needs and customer acquisition
- 3-5 years of leadership experience with the ability to motivate and provide professional development to a team of 15 direct and indirect reports. A hands-on collaborative style of working is a must!
- Solid understanding of SEM channels (PPC, Paid Social, Display, Remarketing, SEO)
- Experience building brand awareness and support internally and externally
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve company objectives.
- A working experience with the music and the technology industries are a definitive additional asset
For any question, please contact Pierre-Etienne Simard, EVP & CFO, by email (email@example.com).